Pineapple Beach

cathylene

We just returned from our cruise. I can only rave about Pineapple Beach. It was worth every penny. The beach is beautiful. Climb the mountain and eat the great ribs and chicken made by Miss Mary. This resort is a treasure!

We just returned as well and loved Pineapple Beach. Thinking about a land based vacation there but hate to miss our yearly cruise! There were 4 adults and a child. Food and drinks were wonderful. Beach was beautiful. My daughter had her hair braided there and they did a great job! Our day was too short!

We did it on our own booking directly with the hotel: RESANTIGUA@us.occidentalhotels.com. Myriam was the person we dealt with at the hotel. Cab fare is a standard fare set by the govt. The rate to that area was $6 per person each way. We had 4 adults and one child. We negotiated with the driver to not charge for the 3 yr old. Our driver was Cally. We also arranged a time for him to pick us up to return to the ship. You have to bring your own towels. We brought ones from the ship.

there will be 8 of us.....when we get off the ship, are there vans available to take us or do you think we'll need 2 cabs? thanks....by the way....what did you do in st. lucia and st. martaan?

Yes, you can get a van for all of you. 20.00 for all. (20.00 for 1 person or a group of people; it's a flat rate).

I will think of my little heaven in Antigua for the rest of my life. There are no words for the beauty I saw. The perks of Pinapple Beach resort made this stop the trip of a life time. :)

I will write more in detail later; I awoke this morning with a nasty cold.:(

Regarding taxi fares. Typically, its $25 USD for up to 4 people, $40 for 6, not sure what the charge for 8 would be. Taxi fares are regulated in Antigua, so if in doubt, ask your taxi driver for a fare list.

Regarding taxi fares. Typically, its $25 USD for up to 4 people, $40 for 6, not sure what the charge for 8 would be. Taxi fares are regulated in Antigua, so if in doubt, ask your taxi driver for a fare list.

Yup, it was 25.00 not 20.00 as I stated above. We had a bus load and the rate was the same. Our driver was really cool too. He told us a lot of history stuff and pointed out the hot spots.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!:D

Yup, it was 25.00 not 20.00 as I stated above. We had a bus load and the rate was the same. Our driver was really cool too. He told us a lot of history stuff and pointed out the hot spots.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!:D

Any pics from your stay at Pineapple Beach?

Archived