Carnival Ecstasy s8M - Aft-View Extended Balcony- E255

sh1955

I was in E257 (which is right next-door) loved the aft balcony! Sat out there ALOT. I have 2 videos on YouTube of the room. please excuse the mess. We are messy travelers.

There is a pole in front of the vanity area that was in the way at times and helpful at others. Especially when trying to blow dry my hair on the bumpy waters. The stairs right outside the room go right up to Serenity deck. And that was awesome.

I think that is the room we had last May. It was gorgeous. Loved the balcony. Last cruise didn't have an aft and really missed it. If you are going to Progreso, order room service and eat breakfast at sunrise while the ship backs into port, then you can hang out and watch everyone get off.

Here are some pictures. First couple are progreso, the next shows the room, it's like the one right above the L in Carnival. The last shows what you will be seeing alot of.

The balcony had at least one lounge chair that was sweet. You might see your neighbors some if you hang out at the railing.

IMG_2122.jpg.7d58db1bba81eda377ae9650393a13ff.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg.89abade60fcf27c05361af0e9038e10b.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg.3d5cf5faa1bcab12ec510be51dba0ce9.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg.c4d53a904093f4195fd752fed3302b7b.jpg

• 1 month later...
Here are some pictures. First couple are progreso, the next shows the room, it's like the one right above the L in Carnival. The last shows what you will be seeing alot of.

The balcony had at least one lounge chair that was sweet. You might see your neighbors some if you hang out at the railing.

So, a lounger will fit on the balcony? Did you have to ask your steward?

No need to ask. They usually have a chair and a lounger. When we had a AFT on the Sensation it came with two chairs, no lounger. That might be the case as well with the Esctasy as it is about the same size as the Sensation?

I am actually on the Fascination, but since there seems to be more info on the Ecstasy and since they are essentially the same layout wise, I thought I could get an answer for myself too. (Having no luck elsewhere) I just wanted to make sure one would fit. I'd also like to know if the aft balconies on the Empress deck get much direct sunlight.

I was in E255 on the Ecstasy on my "girls trip" last year.

LOVED: the view from the aft and only having balcony neighbors on one side (E255 is kind of near one corner). Also, because of the location, there isn't much hallway traffic.

DIDN'T LIKE: not having a sofa in the room. We aren't TV watchers when we cruise, but last year while we were gone is when Bin Laden was killed, so we'd spend 30-45 minutes watching TV when we popped into the room to change or chill. Without a sofa, we had to either sit/lay on the bed or stand. Okay, that sounds so trivial as I see the words in front of me....

:)

Archived