NYC Transportation from Cental NJ

wrxdan2002

I am Having some trouble finding the most cost effective way to get (9) of us plus luggage to the NYC terminal from central NJ in October.

Driving Two Vehicles & Parking

Vs

Weehawkin Ferry (not many fans of this method)

vs

Van Service

If you break down the van service it ain't bad, but I am having trouble justifying the total round trip of over $600.00! Any additional suggestions would be helpful.

I am Having some trouble finding the most cost effective way to get (9) of us plus luggage to the NYC terminal from central NJ in October.

Driving Two Vehicles & Parking

Vs

Weehawkin Ferry (not many fans of this method)

vs

Van Service

If you break down the van service it ain't bad, but I am having trouble justifying the total round trip of over $600.00! Any additional suggestions would be helpful.

9 people plus luggage RT for $600. THAT is a bargain. You could hardly get the train for that and someone is going to pick you up, handle all your luggage, drop you right at the port and pick you up right at the port and AGAIN handle all your luggage. I would be making reservations right now.

9 people crammed into two cars with luggage??? Unless some of those 9 are kids, it will be VERY crowded. AND you have what-$400+ for parking charges plus gas, tolls and wear and tear on your vehicle and your nerves.

You still have to pay for the ferry, schlepp your own luggage, pay to park at the ferry AND drive to the ferry. You haven't saved a dime and have a lot of schlepping in and out with luggage.

We have been travelling from that area of NJ to the NY cruise terminal for years...we lived in Freehold Township for 30 years and now in Mercer County for the last 5. Sometimes we use a car service...sometimes we drive.

I agree with greatam. $600 round trip to transport 9 people and their luggage door-to-door is a reasonable price.

Archived