port of naples or salerno

lorrdean

we are going on serenade of the seas in June, I have one question about Naples(Salerno)stop, do we dock at Naples so we can visit Salerno, or do we dock at Salerno so we can visit Naples? trying to organise a private excursion for my group, and want to make sure I get the correct port.

many thanks :)

we are going on serenade of the seas in June, I have one question about Naples(Salerno)stop, do we dock at Naples so we can visit Salerno, or do we dock at Salerno so we can visit Naples? trying to organise a private excursion for my group, and want to make sure I get the correct port.

many thanks :)

Hi. Since your itinerary mentions Salerno and not Sorrento, I think you must be docking at Salerno. Ditto your available excursions. I guess you need something more definite so you can arrange a tour. Maybe the Serenade roll calls and 'Ports' thread would have some more info. Have a great time. CI:D

Hi. Since your itinerary mentions Salerno and not Sorrento, I think you must be docking at Salerno. Ditto your available excursions. I guess you need something more definite so you can arrange a tour. Maybe the Serenade roll calls and 'Ports' thread would have some more info. Have a great time. CI:D

have tried both of those , roll call and port. will contact TA tomorrow

You will be docking in SALERNO. There's not much, if anything to see in Salerno itself. The cruise director on the Brilliance (Serenade is doing the same itinerary this year) called it a gateway port. Meaning that you're only porting there because the city of Salerno built a relatively new port facility and is probably giving RCI a deal to dock their ships there.

You'll be a little further away from Pompeii that you would be if you docked in Naples. But you'll be closer to Amalfi, Positano and probably Sorrento. Check a map.

Last year, there was a free shuttle from the ship to the harbor area, which was recently renovated. But we were there on a Sunday and everything, including restaurants, were closed.

You will be docking in SALERNO. There's not much, if anything to see in Salerno itself. The cruise director on the Brilliance (Serenade is doing the same itinerary this year) called it a gateway port. Meaning that you're only porting there because the city of Salerno built a relatively new port facility and is probably giving RCI a deal to dock their ships there.

You'll be a little further away from Pompeii that you would be if you docked in Naples. But you'll be closer to Amalfi, Positano and probably Sorrento. Check a map.

Last year, there was a free shuttle from the ship to the harbor area, which was recently renovated. But we were there on a Sunday and everything, including restaurants, were closed.

Thanks Baggal, we are going to book a private excursion, and just want to make sure we have the correct port for pick up.

• 2 weeks later...
Phoned RCC and apparently there are two ports in Naples and the port name we will be using is Salerno.

No, there are NOT two ports in Naples. One port is Naples, and the other port is Salerno. Please look this up on a map, as they are about 30 ish miles from each other. X told me last year that it is the Naples port, but the Salerno dock.....Very confusing. You are docking in the port city of Salerno. Naples is another port city.

Phoned RCC and apparently there are two ports in Naples and the port name we will be using is Salerno.

As 24 butterfly has posted - Salerno is NOT Naples. They are not near each other. RC gave out incorrect information to us last year, resulting in a mix-up with our tour company and a very disappointing day.

Sometimes I wonder who actually answers those phones, and why they can't be bothered to at least look up correct information. The other day a cruise agent told me i was so lucky to hace a cabin on the port side so we would have a view of all of the ports when docked :eek:!

Archived