Newbie - Dream 25/03/12, 2 weeks

Hi one and all. Hopefully some of you guys will offer ideas, advice and great suggestions to help make our cruise fab.

We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and we are hoping to have a ball. We have booked premium seats on the plane and also the AI upgrade.

Any reports on cabin 6016, good or bad, as we can always change it if we have to.

We are looking forward to this cruise as normally we go to Corfu on a regular basis so it will be a really nice change.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi angieleeds, we are on deck 6 at the front left, just at the start of the curve for the tip of the ship. Sorry don't know the technical terms. I know we will make the most of it, regardless of the cabin, can't wait!

If you can go midships. We were at the front right on the Island Escape last year on deck 8 and it definitely pitched and rolled a lot more there than anywhere else. When we were in the restaurant on deck 4 midships there was hardly any movement at all, also it was noisy with a lot of banging in the night which kept us awake, heaven only knows what caused it. Obviously I can't talk about the Dream but I can tell you it put me off booking near the front of any ship in the future. Hopefully someone who has had a cabin near the front can give you more information. Good luck anyway whatever you decide.:):)

Jan

Thanks Eco!

Angieleeds, we were on the Topaz many years ago and had a fantastic time. The whole ship then was A.I. and we sailed the Canaries.

Three years ago we sailed the Caribbean for two weeks, on the Destiny. The Sky bar is a fantastic way to have a couple of cocktails before your evening meal.

This year will be our 30th wedding anniversary so we have decided to treat ourselves and have another two weeks in the Caribbean. Like you I am counting the days.

Who knows we may even bump into each other, bring it on! :D

Hi - we are also going for an early celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary! We're arriving on board 1st April for two weeks.

We're on deck 7 and have chosen outside cabin 7053 near the stairs - just hope it is not noisy with being below the back of the Medusa Lounge.

Like you, we're on countdown but we're one week later than you so it's 5 weeks on Sunday for us. Can't wait, like you said BRING IT ON!!!!!

Carol & John

We are cabin number 5031 we start our holiday on the 25th and finsh on the 8th April..Looks like we are on the second week together! we are doing a back to back cruise.It will be our first cruise although we have been to Barbados several times @ St lucia looking forward to heading back to see our old haunts there plus the other fantastic islands.Just hope the cruise its self lives up to our expectations but we have picked up tips on here already.I have loads of shifts to work up to going so it will come round quick.lol

Hi Carol53 and angieleeds, it looks like we will all be on the ship, week biginning April fools day :D. Also looks like there will be a few celebrations going on. Our wedding anniversary is actually on 9th April, the day we arrive home so a drop of champagne on the flight is a must.

angieleeds, any advice on Barbados would be great. When we were there before we found a bar on Brighton Beach called 'Doris's Bar, I think.

We had such a great time there and never noticed the time passing so luckily enought she came over and said she had booked us a taxi back to the ship as she didn't want us to 'miss the boat'. :eek:

Better keep off the rum this time, not! ;)

Maybe see you guys there at some point, not too long now. :)

Annie

Weeminx and Angieleeds

Our 30th anniversary is not until 28.08.12 but then it will be hurricane season in the Caribbean and monsoon season in the east - that is why we decided to push the boat out (no pun intended) at Easter!

John is not a good flyer and we have already been to Turkey (4.5 hour flt there snd 5 hour flt back) last week at half term so he is definitely not looking forward to the flight to Bardados and back!

I'm restricted with holidays cos work in a school (not a teacher by the way, just in case that bothers you) so it would be great to meet up during your last week and our first!!!!! You do realise that our second week will be the same as your first and we will be plugging you for all the info about the different islands etc before you go home? Sorry if you feel we will be burdening you with questions!!!!!

Hope to see you in just over 5 weeks time!

Carol & John

Sounds like wer going to have a ball on our holiday,we have ben to Barbados several times and stayed at St laurances gap ,when we get to port its a 10min walk to the local bus station pay 1dollar 50.cent and it will take you anywer you want to go.The bus jurney its self is a eye opener .lol.Dont remember that beach you mentioned .

Carol53, I had a wee laugh about the 'teacher' thing, you have me worried now! ;) Don't worry, I take people as I find them.

Angieleeds, I asked David the proper name of Doris's Bar and it is called Red Man Bar, Brighton Beach, Barbados. If you google Doris Barbados or Doris's Barbados, I'm sure you will find it.

If you can advise us of any other great beaches, bars, places to visit in Barbados etc, it would be great.

31 days to go :cool:

Hy alll the beaches are lovely ,the on the gap is fantastic if you like water sports its called miami beach theres plenty of bars to sample the mount gay rum.lol. There are plenty of shops on the gap too.Not far from the dock there is the famous cricket ground [if thats what you like ] You could do a tour around the island to see both west coast and the south ,theres a rum disterly and a lovely plantaion house.Bajans are the most friendlist people we have ever met x

Hiya fellow travellers

We are joining up on the Thomson Dream Caribbean for 2 weeks on the 1st April too, getting really excited now.

How about a meetup everyone and introduction at a certain time on our day at sea??We're also hoping for friends to share taxis to explore some of the islands.

Linda & Richard

Hi Linda and Richard

It would be a good idea to meet up and possibly arrange to share taxis etc. Just a suggestion but as there is usually a welcome meeting on the day at sea, what about hanging around after that?

We're flying to Bridgetown from Newcastle and are staying on deck 7. Where are you flying from and what deck are you on?

Counting down the days!

Carol & John

Hi lynxbell, sounds good to me although we will have been on the boat from 25 March. Maybe you will all have to wear a red carnation :D and don't forget we will have had a week of all inclusive, hic! ;) :eek:

Annie & Davie

Hiya!

We will be deck 6/7 inside - not sure what that means, lol, flying from Gatwick. This is only my second cruise, the first was Island Escape in the Med and the cabins were really small

Great idea to hang around after the welcome meeting - didn't know they had those at cruises.

Would love your input Annie as you will have been on the boat a week and can tell us how to avoid queues and best places to be etc.

Thank you Angieleeds - for the must dos in Barbados, I have jotted them down

Hi everyone

I think I was right saying that there is a welcome meeting during the day at sea?

When on the Celebration last year, I thought I attended one where they introduced the staff and took bookings for trips. Bearing in mind that this was our second day and we paid for the all inclusive drinks package, maybe my recollection is a little fuzzy lol!

If there is no welcome meeting we will all have to wear the already suggested red carnations instead and meet in one of the bars - hic!:D

Carol

• 3 weeks later...

If any of you guys who will be on the ship from 31 March, want to meet at any point for a catch up, just pop a note through our door, 6016 and we can reply with a venue, time etc. 5 more sleeps :D

Annie and Davie

your welcome.i really cant wait now x what flower do we wear then?lol im nearly packed ,2 more late shifts then im done for 3 weeks off work.dont know whos more excited me or my other half because im going with my mum .lol My mum wants to know if you can hire irons on board shes gona miss her travel iron i think .:D

Well guys, this is a new one for me. All packed and I asked David to weigh my case just to make sure all was well. He picked up the case, not realising that it was not closed and, low and behold, all my clothes ended up on the bedroom floor.

So round two, the case is packed again, although not to the same standard as the first time. I am now sitting here, half way through a bottle of white wine and can honestly say 'bring it on'.

I am looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys and having a holiday to remember.

1 more sleep!!! Don't forget to move your clock as I would hate to see any of you guys having to go at 100 mile an hour tomorrow morning.

Annie ;)

Archived