Tampa Valet Parking

Does anyone know if they will take a credit card for valet parking at the pier in Tampa? Trying to sort out just how much cash to carry aboard, and that's a good size chunk:eek:

TIA

Just used valet parking in January and yes they do accept credit cards. I believe the total was $95 for the 5 days. Totally worth it. The self parking was a little bit of a hike across the street.

You are in for a treat. The Jewel is beautiful!

Have a great cruise

Thanks, Folks! Can always count on CC to come through, figured they might have those little curbside machines, but you just never know! Was considering this anyway, then mom wrecked her knee last week, so definitely will not be carrying luggage across the street;) Glad to hear its a great service.

The valet service is very easy and fast at the Tampa port and we always use it. We did have an annoying experience last week.As I was getting out of the drivers side the attendant said, a gratuity is expected,I said yes my husband has it for you.My husband was getting several ones to give him when he said I have plenty of change if you need it and $5. is the expected tip.Not nice.Wouldn't make me not use valet parking.

The valet service is very easy and fast at the Tampa port and we always use it. We did have an annoying experience last week.As I was getting out of the drivers side the attendant said, a gratuity is expected,I said yes my husband has it for you.My husband was getting several ones to give him when he said I have plenty of change if you need it and $5. is the expected tip.Not nice.Wouldn't make me not use valet parking.

Thats what I didn't like either...........I mean it was nice to park so close(even though,to me the regular parking is not as far as some make it out to be).....but the mention of tips annoyed me....

To the OP, the desk for valet parking is right outside the terminal and that is where you pay....

Did the Valet parking in Dec and agree it was soooo worth it...did not have anyone ask for a tip either...I did tip when they brought my car at the end of the cruise...but nothing was said when I dropped off the car...in fact I almost left my regular glasses inside & rememebered just after I finished paying..luckily the drive was still filling out the parking tag & told me to take my time to be sure I had everything..

Did the Valet parking in Dec and agree it was soooo worth it...did not have anyone ask for a tip either...I did tip when they brought my car at the end of the cruise...but nothing was said when I dropped off the car...in fact I almost left my regular glasses inside & rememebered just after I finished paying..luckily the drive was still filling out the parking tag & told me to take my time to be sure I had everything..
I believe the valet asking us for a tip was one driver only and not the norm. We did report it to RCI when we checked in and a supervisor was called, he was very upset and said this is not tolerated.

What time did you folks arrive? I'm thinking of leaving Fort Myers at 9 ish, we won't make any stops, and everyone says traffic is not bad. I figure we will get here after 11 sometime. I think that gives us lots of time if there is a snafu.

We get there between 10:30 and 11........

we generally arrive at about 11:30 but the aim is always 11am just never seem to make it there then...

I have used the valet 5 times and only once was i asked for a gratuity.. I typically give 5 bucks but i gave him 2 for his reminder.

Kathy is correct the walk isn't bad but i like to get on the ship as quickly as possible and start my vacation

rick

Archived