'Afternoon Tea' on carnival

crazychix

On our last cruise we had "Tea Time" as one of our CC events :) and we had ALOT show up! Great food and company.. who could ask for more!

We also did the same (Funtime teatime with Froufie and Friends) - we met up at a specific spot and went to teatime together - got a full table and had a blast! (and lots of goodies too!).....I always try to make it to teatime - a nice break in the middle of a day at sea! (check out the Liberty review-see link below near signature- for some teatime pics!)

@ shanley. Sometimes you have to ask for Splenda. They hide it a bit.

To another who said it was proper tea. No. Not really. A good excuse however to nibble on something. Better than what we had on royal but not at all what I was used to in Europe. More like a nod to it. Just a little clarification so we don't see the tea wars here;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learned something new here--I'll make sure to check that out on our Freedom June Cruise--especially with an extra sea day than we are used to. :)

I will see you there, as I will be on the same sailing. :p

On our last cruise we had "Tea Time" as one of our CC events :) and we had ALOT show up! Great food and company.. who could ask for more!

On the Legend last year, our CC group did our Meet & Greet at tea the first sea day instead of during the chaotic embarkation day. It was so nice and relaxed, and everyone was able to visit and enjoy the each other's company without having scheduling conflicts from things like muster drills, camp registrations, steakhouse/ship tour reservations, mdr seating, etc.

• 5 years later...
Tea is 3:00 on a Sea day, in whichever dining room also does Sea day brunch (we do brunch at 11:00am which leaves time for tea at 3:00pm. Don’t miss either one!!!!

You wrote what I was thinking. On our last Miracle cruise we had a table right at the aft window for Tea time. It was a little rough that day and we could see the white water swells. It was awesome. Brunch is also great after a night of partying.

On our last cruise in May on the Magic the tea was only held on the first sea day. We missed it, so were specifically looking for it on the next sea day - no tea. :( So if you want to go, keep a close on on your Fun Times. We aren't missing it next cruise!

It is at 3 pm on every ship I have ever been on - and 99% of the time in one of the dining rooms. It is often not well advertised; you will need to read the last page of the funtimes with the full run down of the day's events to get the specific location. It is offered on your sea days - and the tea bags they bring around are a $2 charge. You can request lipton (decaf or regualr) or the green that they offer in the MDR at no charge.

On non-sea days, you can make your own tea time. Hot tea, cocoa and coffee are available 24/7 on the lido. Late lunch generally goes until about 230, so you can grab lunch desserts just before they close and put them aside until you want them. Guys, Pizza and Deli are open during these hours as well so you can use those places for a snack too.

I love afternoon high tea! Can’t wait to try it on my March 2019 Breeze sailing! And crazychix, I know what you’re referring to on the RCCL ships. We used to swing through the buffet around 3-4 in the afternoon for cookies, pastries, coffee and tea!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love afternoon tea too. They used to have it in smaller rooms but it got so popular it is usually in the dining room.

Just a hint I read here on cruise critic. The tea that is offered is either classic Lipton or green tea neither of which I like and if you want something else there is a charge. So I am tossing some herbal tea bags in my luggage.

Any idea when the tea days are on an 8 day? Is it every single Sea Day or only specific ones?
It has always been every sea day on every ship I have ever cruised, in the main dining room at 3pm.

It's never listed in the Activities section of FunTimes though, its always in the Dining options section so hard to notice. Same thing on the Hub App - its in the dining section. I think most people have no idea it exists. I have taken soooo many repeat cruisers that I meet on the ship with me who have never heard of it. When I filled out the survey for the Hub App on my last cruise, I suggested they add Tea Time in both locations (activities & dining) in the app (you can fill out the survey within the app).

As mentioned, for no charge the bags they offer are green tea and Lipton regular or decaf. Specialty teas are an upcharge. Feel free to bring your own tea bags if there is a certain tea you really prefer.

Another thing that is not highly advertised is the Taste Bar. That's from 5:30-8:30 (if I remember times correctly), usually 3-4 nights per 7 night cruise. Also listed in the Dining section, not activities section. It's a little bar they have set up that offers just a taste of some things from the specialty restaurants on the different ships. Every night is a different taste of just a couple bites. A wonderful yummy little appetizer to dinner, we make a point to never miss it !

Are the specialty teas included with cheers?
Excellent question !

It appears that yes' date=' the specialty teas are included with Cheers. [/b']

Per the Carnival website ... https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

(snip)

• Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • (snip)

It has always been every sea day on every ship I have ever cruised, in the main dining room at 3pm.

It's never listed in the Activities section of FunTimes though, its always in the Dining options section so hard to notice. Same thing on the Hub App - its in the dining section. I think most people have no idea it exists. I have taken soooo many repeat cruisers that I meet on the ship with me who have never heard of it. When I filled out the survey for the Hub App on my last cruise, I suggested they add Tea Time in both locations (activities & dining) in the app (you can fill out the survey within the app).

As mentioned, for no charge the bags they offer are green tea and Lipton regular or decaf. Specialty teas are an upcharge. Feel free to bring your own tea bags if there is a certain tea you really prefer.

Another thing that is not highly advertised is the Taste Bar. That's from 5:30-8:30 (if I remember times correctly), usually 3-4 nights per 7 night cruise. Also listed in the Dining section, not activities section. It's a little bar they have set up that offers just a taste of some things from the specialty restaurants on the different ships. Every night is a different taste of just a couple bites. A wonderful yummy little appetizer to dinner, we make a point to never miss it !

Thank you for this! I am looking forward to tea time and the taste bar!

Thank you for this! I am looking forward to tea time and the taste bar!

I read on another thread that the Taste Bar is no more. I hope that is not true and I'll be checking it out on our Feb. 10th cruise. Thank you for saying where tea time is listed. I might not have found it and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Unfortunately, it appears that is correct, the Taste Bar is no more. So sad ! : (

" Sadly the Taste Bar has been eliminated. They announced it a little over a week ago, shortly after they implemented the charge for room service after 10PM. As far as I know there wasn’t a formal announcement. Someone posted that they found out in their cruise and later posted to John Heald’s page and JH confirmed. "