NCL information?

JAMESCC

Ok my wife and I are super excited the NCL Breakaway is coming to NY. We usually said RCL's Explorer but we are kinda tired of the same ship. Anyway when we read NCL was not only bringing a nice big ship to NY but a nice, big and BRAND NEW ship here we were very happy. Its coming in 2013 right? Now onto my biggest question, give us the NCL veteran cruiser experience review? Give us the lowdown on exactly what NCL cruising is? Thanks for any help, we appreciate it.

I realize that other cruise lines now have a choice of 'anytime' dining but that is one of my favorite things about NCL, not having a set time for dinner. We just show up and are usually seated in less than 5 minutes.

The other thing I really like is that there are NO formal nights. I hate dressing up so that's my favorite thing about NCL. I just wear nice slacks and a collared blouse every night to the MDR or specialty restaurant. My DH wears slacks and a collared shirt. Never has to pack a jacket.

For those who like to dress up they can. There are also 'dress up or not' nights when some people dress up -- and some people don't. Freestyle.

I realize that other cruise lines now have a choice of 'anytime' dining but that is one of my favorite things about NCL, not having a set time for dinner. We just show up and are usually seated in less than 5 minutes.

The other thing I really like is that there are NO formal nights. I hate dressing up so that's my favorite thing about NCL. I just wear nice slacks and a collared blouse every night to the MDR or specialty restaurant. My DH wears slacks and a collared shirt. Never has to pack a jacket.

For those who like to dress up they can. There are also 'dress up or not' nights when some people dress up -- and some people don't. Freestyle.

Thank you very much for the help and are you serious there are no formal nights! Now that i LOVE. I don't understand why there are still formal nights. I understand having a standard to enter a dining room but a full formal night makes no sense today. I LOVE that. I'm gonna like sailing on the Breakaway. Thanks again for the help.

Thank you very much for the help and are you serious there are no formal nights! Now that i LOVE. I don't understand why there are still formal nights. I understand having a standard to enter a dining room but a full formal night makes no sense today. I LOVE that. I'm gonna like sailing on the Breakaway. Thanks again for the help.

Another plus - More room in your suitcase! ... instead of having to take up space with formal wear.

This will be our first time sailing on NCL. Other 2 times were on Carnival and we just loved it, but along those lines, without having sailed on NCL, I know that we will love it also. Point is, we are on vacation and nothing will stop us from having a great time with our daughter and her family. Staterooms in my opinion are good for one thing, sleeping. Every thing else takes place outside of the stateroom. If one meal is not up to par, all I have to do is think back to my Navy days and remember all the times that those cooks had to make enough meals to feed 5,000 -6,000 shipmates 3 times a day. Powdered eggs and powdered milk, now your talking (LOL). I can bet we won't be eating at a 5 star resturant every night, and it probably won't be cooked the way my DW does it, but I understand. If I don't like, I don't have to eat it. I am sure I'll find a way to survive. If all of the people that write negative reviews about NCL and the way they were treated compared to other cruise lines, then why did they go in the first place, even after reading other negative comments. Get over it.

I'm going on the Epic next month and I'm looking forward to dressing up, it'll be fun. I hope I'm not the only one dressing up. Of course this is my first cruise, so I'm thinking everything will be fun for me

Thanks for the info and help guys. We look forward to the Breakaway in NY. We are VERY happy someone is putting a big brand new ship in NY. Anything anyone want to add the Breakaway specifically? It looks really beautiful.

Archived