Home from my first cruise.

quirkygrl16

Home from my first cruise aboard Carnival Sensation. It was a 3 day to Nassau,The Bahamas. I posted a review, but it isn't posted yet :( I had a fun time,but it was wayyy to party party for my taste. I should have expected it,being a weekend cruise. They all took over the Serenity deck. So much for relaxing :( I didn't let them ruin it,though. My boyfriend and I have plans to cruise again next year,but probably on a different cruise line to try new things. I must say, Chair hogs ANNOYED me!! i sat in a chair for an hour and they didn't even come back. It's so freakin' rude!!!

The 3 and 4 day cruises tend to be a partying drunkfest certain times of the year. Don't give up on Carnival yet though. Try a 7 day cruise. Completely different crowd.

I'm thinking I might have to do a 7 day. I just have a low tolerance for idiots XD I think our next cruise we try will be a 5 day,as it's a bit longer,hopefully a bit tamer. A bit of fun is always great, but not too much.:p

i just completed my 4th cruise. i realized i do not like cruises less than 7 days and i do not like the smaller ships.

I'll stick with the conquest fleet & above and 7 days only...of course, unless some awesome deal comes my way then i'll take it lol.:D

but i have always heard the shorter the cruise, the harder they party. also, certain itens and times of the year you can expect more drunks. one cruise in april the ship was full of a huge college crowd on their spring break. drunks everywhere. i didn't let it spoil it for me. sometimes they were the entertainment.

but like the others have said, don't blow off carnival just yet based on one bad experience. it's such a good value. try a longer cruise and iten. that will help i'm sure.

I won't do less than a 5-day. Every cruise you are bound to have some diehard party people. But I have never been bothered by them. They didn't seem to "take over" the ship. I'm thinking it had something to do with the 3-day weekend thing. Give another ship a try and for a longer cruise. It will be different. :)

I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise...you sailed on an itinerary that I usually tell people to do if they aren't sure if they like cruising or not. Now that you have found out that you do, go on a 7-day cruise. And yes, I've found that different itineraries have completely different feels.

Alaska cruises and Panama cruises typically have much older crowds, at least they did at the times when I went. Southern Caribbean out of San Juan was very port intensive, which meant at least for us that we couldn't stay up very late.

Well that's a bummer to hear. I was actually considering this three day cruise in September. The other choice was 4 day ecstacy or 3 day NCL Sun out of Miami. I Was really hoping to leave out of Port Canaveral as it is so close to home(usually end up making the drive down to FLL or MIA). Unfortunately, we can never get away for seven days with three teenage girls still at home...so I really like the option of short get-aways...desperately needed for my husband and I:)!! Just did a 4 day on RCCL Liberty of the seas which was great, but not as many options in September.

I'm thinking I might have to do a 7 day. I just have a low tolerance for idiots XD I think our next cruise we try will be a 5 day,as it's a bit longer,hopefully a bit tamer. A bit of fun is always great, but not too much.:p

Definitely give a 7-day cruise a shot, on a larger/newer ship, and spring for a balcony cabin! I guarentee you will have an AWESOME time.

I've done 3-4 day cruises on Carnival and Royal. Both were hugh party ships. I don't think it matters which cruise line. Short and affordable = party.

Yes, the absolutely MOST insane, craziest, party filled cruise I've ever been on was when Royal Caribbean used to do the 4 nights out of Long Beach. We sailed during Spring Break and the entire ship looked like one of those "Girls Gone Wild" videos! :eek:

P.S. In all fairness, I loved it, but only because I was one of the Spring Breakers...:D

I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise...you sailed on an itinerary that I usually tell people to do if they aren't sure if they like cruising or not. Now that you have found out that you do, go on a 7-day cruise. And yes, I've found that different itineraries have completely different feels.

Alaska cruises and Panama cruises typically have much older crowds, at least they did at the times when I went. Southern Caribbean out of San Juan was very port intensive, which meant at least for us that we couldn't stay up very late.

Thanks for the detailed answer. :)

Well that's a bummer to hear. I was actually considering this three day cruise in September. The other choice was 4 day ecstacy or 3 day NCL Sun out of Miami. I Was really hoping to leave out of Port Canaveral as it is so close to home(usually end up making the drive down to FLL or MIA). Unfortunately, we can never get away for seven days with three teenage girls still at home...so I really like the option of short get-aways...desperately needed for my husband and I:)!! Just did a 4 day on RCCL Liberty of the seas which was great, but not as many options in September.

I'm sorry to be a bummer :( I just didn't LOVE the ship time. I loved Nassau,though.

Don't despair, seafoy.

Actually, its usually the 3-dayer (Friday late 'til Monday early) that has the partyers. Working girls and guys sneak out of the office a little early Friday, catch the ship, get off the ship as quickly as possible maybe just a little late for work on Monday. No one at work knows they were even gone. :D (although the droopy bloodshot eyes will give them away):rolleyes:

The 4-dayer then usually leaves Monday and returns Friday. Doesn't have near the party atmosphere as the weekends. To these same partyers this cruise requires time off from work and many can't afford it and don't have paid vacation time coming yet where they work so they can't go.:(

Here in LA, the 4-dayers are very docile.

The only 3-dayer I've ever been on in 22 cruises was with my 30-year old son. Probably got 5 hours of sleep the whole weekend and at several points thought I was going to die, but HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE. :D

we did the 3 day sensations a couple of summers ago in august and I honestly don't remember hard, annoying partying. We did spend most of our time at the waterworks area with the grand kids maybe that's why.

Sorry you didnt have the best of times on your cruise! I have a soft spot for the Sensation as it was my first Carnival cruise, also my first solo cruise. It was however a 7 day cruise and that was way back in 2000. I dont mind that size of ship at all. I just think it is a shame that so many of them are wasted on 3 and 4 day cruises. I know there is a market for those short cruises, but it would never work for me. Nothing less than a 6 day cruise for me! Better luck next time.:)

Honestly, it doesn't matter what cruise line you sail with, if you do a weekend cruise (3 or 4 days) it will be a party cruise. I did do a 3 day on the Fantasy when it was going out of Port Canaveral and I recall the party on the Lido deck. We just bypassed that area and went to the back of the ship. It was fun and relaxing.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what cruise line you sail with, if you do a weekend cruise (3 or 4 days) it will be a party cruise. I did do a 3 day on the Fantasy when it was going out of Port Canaveral and I recall the party on the Lido deck. We just bypassed that area and went to the back of the ship. It was fun and relaxing.

I soo wish I could have,but even the serenity deck was over taken with the partiers. Hopefully the next cruise I go on,which will be longer will be better!

Archived