Help in Vancouver

Jabbermom

If we want to take evening amtrack train to Seattle after cruise this summer,what do we do in Vancouver for a day with all our luggage? Whats the easier way to get to amtrack station? Have never been to Vancouver before.

There's a company which will storage called "CDS Baggage" that will store your luggage at the cruise dock for a nominal fee. I can never remember if CDS is their old name or new name (also called Priority Baggage)

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/en/about/cruiseandtourism/passengerinformation.aspx

From downtown to Pacific Station (corner of Main & Terminal), is a $10 taxi fare, or $2.50/ea on Skytrain. Given you're headed for a late afternoon train, I'd take the taxi because Skytrain will be filled with commuters, and there's not much in it for price (unlike the airport run)

Can we take them to the train station after leaving the cruise ship & have them held until the train leaves in the evening?

I'm not sure that I want to hold them at the cruise terminal or random hotel - decided on a destination & then have to return to the cruise terminal only to then have to go to the train station...

Yes, it is possible to check them earlier in the day but by the time you have commuted to the Pacific Central Station which Amtrak uses you will lost a minimum of 30 mins of your short time in Vancouver....but in the end the decision is yours.:)

Archived