Vancouver Hotel - Day before cruise

treinke

My husband and I have been to Vancouver before but had a rental car so this is new to us. We'll be arriving at 10:30 am the day before our cruise and need to figure out a hotel. We preferably would like to have something near a grocery store so he can stock up on Coke Zero since Princess doesn't have that. I don't mind taking the train to the hotel. We don't necessarily need to be downtown to stay either since I'm not sure we are going to visit anything down there unless it would be Granville Island. I also would like to be near a liquor store to buy a couple of bottles of wine for the cruise.

I figure we'll need to take a cab to the ship since my soda loving husband will probably have a case of that plus our suitcases and carry-ons.

We aren't fancy people and I remember from our last trip there that everything costs much more than it does here in Oklahoma.

Given that the downtown core is pretty compact it is unlikely that you will be more that 6 blocks from a grocery store or a liquor store. While I could make recommendations as to a hotel or hotels, your best bet is to watch Hotwire or bid on Priceline using the Vancouver Downtown-West screen, either of these venues should deliver you a 3*+ or better hotel at a price under $150. Once you have secured accommodation one of us will be happy to provide you will information re shopping for the necessities of life.:)

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I have been to Vancouver before but had a rental car so this is new to us. We'll be arriving at 10:30 am the day before our cruise and need to figure out a hotel. We preferably would like to have something near a grocery store so he can stock up on Coke Zero since Princess doesn't have that. I don't mind taking the train to the hotel. We don't necessarily need to be downtown to stay either since I'm not sure we are going to visit anything down there unless it would be Granville Island. I also would like to be near a liquor store to buy a couple of bottles of wine for the cruise.

I figure we'll need to take a cab to the ship since my soda loving husband will probably have a case of that plus our suitcases and carry-ons.

We aren't fancy people and I remember from our last trip there that everything costs much more than it does here in Oklahoma.

I just did a site tour of the Delta Vancouver Suites for a work function and was very impressed. It's an easy downhill walk to Gastown and even Canada Place.

Viv

Archived