Carnival Destiny Feb 6 -11th Long review with pictures

WinnipegCruiser

I am doing this cruise the first week of April. Can you talk a little more about the comfort inn and Atlantis or just provide a link. I have not found that on the boards and would love to see Atlantis. But I am not paying $100 per person for it.

The link to more is here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379285

We too were on this cruise, our best ever, this was #14. It was so laid back, no kids;) Met a few other couples. HMC is paradise:D The service was over and above as always, we booked Destiny same itin for Jan 14 so I don't know about the repostioning thing in Europe?? Great review. I absolutely have nothing but raves for this cruise.

First Port of Call - Grand Turk.

IMG_0713.JPG

This one of those ports that is just for ships and tourists. You could try and go to town, but it is not exactly something they set up easily. It has a few nice tourist shops, and a huge and what I think is the nicest Margaritaville. A giant free pool, with swim up bar, really nice set up, and party music. They have added two things since I was here last. Free WIFI, and a surf wave machine. The free WIFI was really nice. I was drinking margaritas and posting pictures to Facebook. The water was “refreshing”, if that word means freezing cold in your language. Sorry, but I am a wuss when it comes to pool temperature. I swear, a couple of degrees cooler and the new attraction there could be ice skating. The drinks come with a 15% tip already factored in, so when you leave and clear up your tab you don’t have to tip any more.

IMG_0701.JPG

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed the party, the WIFI, and the drinking. I think Jimmy Buffett is a genius. I love his music and his attitude. My ringtone is the song Margaritaville. Yes seriously.

The ship is really close, and docked, so you can just walk back to eat lunch.

It was that evening that they had the elegant night dinner. I never went to dinner in shorts or anything, but this night we did dress up. I even wore a tie. This is us with the Captain of the Vessel Roberto Leotia.

IMG_0683.JPG

I agree with your Jimmy Buffett assessment! (My ringtone is "One Particular Harbor"!!)

• 1 month later...
Second suggestion Carnival regarding Half Moon Cay. Make it a destination you can select on the main Carnival.com search. I can’t be the only one who wants to find that destination specifically.

I gave my PVP this same suggestion to pass along!!!

Archived