Help with Atlantis Comfort Suites details

grammywig

TO SCUBA GIRRL, As I am a novice with these boards, I'm not sure how to reach you directly so I hope you see this request. You've previously answered my Comfort Suites Atlantis questions but I am concerned that something will go wrong when we arrive, checkin at Comfort Suites, request our Atlantis passes, checkout and then go over to get the Atlantis wristbands. I've been reading these boards and it seems like the "official Atlantis Day Passes" are for first come first served and do run out during busy times, especially as we are going over the July 4th week. How does the tie-in between Comfort Suites and Atlantis GUARANTEE that we will get admittance on July 6th? Sorry but my family believes this is too good to be true with the significant savings,etc.

THANK YOU for all your help from a worried Grammy!!:confused:

TO SCUBA GIRRL, As I am a novice with these boards, I'm not sure how to reach you directly so I hope you see this request. You've previously answered my Comfort Suites Atlantis questions but I am concerned that something will go wrong when we arrive, checkin at Comfort Suites, request our Atlantis passes, checkout and then go over to get the Atlantis wristbands. I've been reading these boards and it seems like the "official Atlantis Day Passes" are for first come first served and do run out during busy times, especially as we are going over the July 4th week. How does the tie-in between Comfort Suites and Atlantis GUARANTEE that we will get admittance on July 6th? Sorry but my family believes this is too good to be true with the significant savings,etc.

THANK YOU for all your help from a worried Grammy!!:confused:

If you book a room and pay for it at the comfort suites, you will get atlantis passes. This is NOT based on occupancy or other issues

Comfort Suites owner was in business at one point with Kerzner (owner of Atlantis ) and they made a deal that has yet to be broken.

Comfort Suites guests get treated the same as if they were guest of the Royal, Beach or Coral Towers.

CS rooms allow up to 4 people maximum to a room.

As for 2 good to be true, I'm sure kerzner is not a happy camper now that cruisers have caught on to this deal.

Do they even offer a day rate? I looked up the 1 night rate and it's $175 for a room for our date (2nd week of April). Then if you read the fine print it says, "Energy surcharge: 12.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges."

That means for our family of 4 it's an extra $152 on top of the room rate.

So $327 total for the day - yikes.

Do they even offer a day rate? I looked up the 1 night rate and it's $175 for a room for our date (2nd week of April). Then if you read the fine print it says, "Energy surcharge: 12.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges."

That means for our family of 4 it's an extra $152 on top of the room rate.

So $327 total for the day - yikes.

It's not a day rate.. it's a room rate for an overnite reservation. But they allow you to check in and check out at the same time if need e.

Yes, those charges add up quickly. Most all hotels have similar charges tacked on to the room rate.

What is the cost, for 4 people, for the Day Use rooms at Comfort Suites? How do you book them?

:cool:Bill

You book a room online, just like you would if you were staying there. There are plenty of ad-on taxes, surcharges, gratuitieys and extra fees for add'll persons in the room (max to 4 ppl in a room).

Room rate is for 2 ppl only. You'll need to add the add'l persons to the rate.

THANK YOU Scubagirrl.....you always have great info and advice.........would you please reassure me (and my worried relatives) who are first time cruisers that we can go on all the Atlantis Aquadventure stuff.......lazy river rides, water slides, marine adventure, aquarium and some pools with the Comfort Suites/Atlantis package??? They can't believe the savings vs booking with NCL......Do you know if it will be very, very crowded at Atlantis and hard to rent a locker on July 6th??? Do you know approx. time we can leave the ship (docks at Nassau at 8:00 am) as you've previously told me that the water stuff opens at 10:00 am but we want to get to CS, get our passes and then walk comfortably thru Atlantis to pickup our wristbands....some don't want to rush ....some want to bring drinks.....is it okay for a cooler w/juice & water?? Thanks again,,,,,worried Grammy

I had the same questions you did. We did this in Dec 2009. We got off the boat right away with all the other passengers. They pretty much line you up and put you on busses that go to Atlantis. The comfort suites is right next door. We told our driver we were going there and he insisted on driving us to the front door even though we said we would walk. It was only a driveway away! Once inside we checked into our room. If you pay with a credit card remember they have an international transaction fee. We paid with cash to avoid that extra fee that most credit cards charge(except Capital One). We walked out the back door of the Comfort Suites and into Atlantis where there was hut with a sign for wristbands. We got our wristband once we showed them our room info. They gave us a towel here as well. We had a small collapsible cooler with us and no one said anything to us about it. It wasn't crowded so I can't say anything about that. You have total access to the resort unlike the excursions from the ship. We are going back at the end of June and doing the same thing! If you are taking a lot of people it is definitely worth the savings.

Grammywig,

Last time I took my family to Atlantis, we used Comfort Suites and got the free day pass. It saved us a TON of money and it was super easy. The taxi driver took us to the front door of Comfort Suites, we signed in, paid, and then walked out the back door -crossed a small street and were right in the middle of Atlantis. It is a great deal and you will have better access than people on the shop who pay for an excursion.

I promise you will have an adventure of a lifetime!!! In fact, I'm taking my family back to Atlantis in May. We can't wait.

THANK YOU Scubagirrl.....you always have great info and advice.........would you please reassure me (and my worried relatives) who are first time cruisers that we can go on all the Atlantis Aquadventure stuff.......lazy river rides, water slides, marine adventure, aquarium and some pools with the Comfort Suites/Atlantis package??? They can't believe the savings vs booking with NCL......Do you know if it will be very, very crowded at Atlantis and hard to rent a locker on July 6th??? Do you know approx. time we can leave the ship (docks at Nassau at 8:00 am) as you've previously told me that the water stuff opens at 10:00 am but we want to get to CS, get our passes and then walk comfortably thru Atlantis to pickup our wristbands....some don't want to rush ....some want to bring drinks.....is it okay for a cooler w/juice & water?? Thanks again,,,,,worried Grammy

Booking with Comfort Suites allows full access to all the fun.. same as if you were staying at the Atlantis towers. (Not included are dolpins, wall climbing, snorkeling gear, water toys etc, but everyone pays extra for these).

Have no clue about lockers.. it's VERY crowded during the summer months.. especially holidays.

It usually takes about an hour to disembark and find your way to a taxi.. You should be there a little after 9am if the ship is on time.

Cooler is ok.. but you can't take open containers or food off the ship.

There are stores nearby to pick up goodies.

Even at Festival place as you leave the port exit

I am wanting to book either Atlantis or Blue L. im worried about crowds. I will be there 2 times in a week. 2 back to back crusies. One of the days March 28th there is 6 ships in port or 7 cant remember. Qe are there from 7-midnight. Now where would it be better to go with less crowds? I mean how crowed with Altantis get and how long are the waits in line? I know its not like the bahamas but we are from Alaska and have no water parks, or theme parks for that matter. I just had knee surgery so im not sure how rough the water rides are and cant bend my knee all the way...Pretty sure lazy river is all I will be doing if it isnt jammed full.?

Okay blue Lagoon.... How pack will that be? Is there a cut off limit for how many people allowed on that island? another day we cruise in is April 2nd at 7am-6pm no other ships there till Noon.. and then we will up with 5 ships.

So which day should I do blue Lagoon and which day Atlantis?

I am wanting to book either Atlantis or Blue L. im worried about crowds. I will be there 2 times in a week. 2 back to back crusies. One of the days March 28th there is 6 ships in port or 7 cant remember. Qe are there from 7-midnight. Now where would it be better to go with less crowds? I mean how crowed with Altantis get and how long are the waits in line? I know its not like the bahamas but we are from Alaska and have no water parks, or theme parks for that matter. I just had knee surgery so im not sure how rough the water rides are and cant bend my knee all the way...Pretty sure lazy river is all I will be doing if it isnt jammed full.?

Okay blue Lagoon.... How pack will that be? Is there a cut off limit for how many people allowed on that island? another day we cruise in is April 2nd at 7am-6pm no other ships there till Noon.. and then we will up with 5 ships.

So which day should I do blue Lagoon and which day Atlantis?

You already know they will be crowded, so I'm not gonna comment on that.

I want to point out that what most people call the lazy river at Atlantis is far from lazy. (although there is a smaller lazy river tucked between the beach and coral towers.. if it's still open).

The CURRENT.. which is the lazy river you are thinking of..can be menacing.. It has rapids, and wakes and if your not careful you can get bashed against the rocks or fliipped out of your tube. If your surgery is fairly new.. i'm not sure this is going to be good for you either.

As for when.. If you are going to do both. I'd do Atlantis on the 28 and book Blue lagoon for the return trip. (the last ferry will get you back in plenty of time). Blue Lagoon does have a limit, but it does get crowded and there is limited seating. So go early.

Otherwise, I'd recommend a nice day at one of the hotels with a day pass. Hilton is you want to relax without the crowds and Sheraton if you want the resort feel with a great beach.

Scubagirl...do you know whether or not there is an age limit or height minimum to do the water slides at Atlantis? My niece wants to take her 8-yr old son on the slides, but no sure if he's eligible. Can you help?

Thanks!

Scubagirl...do you know whether or not there is an age limit or height minimum to do the water slides at Atlantis? My niece wants to take her 8-yr old son on the slides, but no sure if he's eligible. Can you help?

Thanks!

Must be 48inches. No exceptions. no age limit

Hello,

I am taking my family there and would like to try this comfort suites idea.... where do you go to bock the Comfort Suites? Is there a web site or some place that you call. There are 3 adults, 2 children and an infant in our party. I am hopeful that this will work for us.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I am taking my family there and would like to try this comfort suites idea.... where do you go to bock the Comfort Suites? Is there a web site or some place that you call. There are 3 adults, 2 children and an infant in our party. I am hopeful that this will work for us.

Thanks in advance

Google comfort suites bahamas. Go to their website. Search your dates and see the price. Pretend to book the room and take note of the charges listed in red, they are not included in room price and don't show up in your total. Decide if the price is reasonable for you and book it.

what am i missing? The total for my booking would be close to 350, 272 per room 18% tax and a 25 dollar room fee for both of us. What is the trick for this being less than 300 for the 2 of us booking through the cruise ship? I apologize if this has been asked 100 times but i just got off the phone with comfort suites and that is the rate they quoted me for our particular day there. Just wondering how you save a few pennies Thanks for the info......

It all depends on when you book- certain times of the year the rates are higher than others. Sometimes Comfort Suites may be cheaper and sometimes it can be cheaper to book through the ship.

We booked through CS for the first week in April and it is way more than I would ever spend on a hotel for one night for the four of us, but it is still almost $150 cheaper than booking the excursion through the ship.

Archived