Overdue Review - Radiance and Denali, with pictures

ULCajunCruiser

DAY 9: Kantishna Experience Bus Tour (con't)

OK, these next ones are from the flight we took (Kantishna Air Taxi). So we actually only did half of the bus tour (going). Hard to see these first 2, but they are of the North Face of Mt McKinley, as we are flying towards it and climbing. We look like we're gonna hit it, but the pilot said we were 2 miles away!! The mountain is there, kinda hidden in the clouds :(

27154132-McKinleyface02.jpg

27154701-McKinleyface07.jpg

Day 10: Driving back to Anchorage and flying home :(

Last Picture of Mt McKinley, taken as we were driving south

28103024-MtMcKinley01.jpg

OK, I think I'm about done. Hope you all enjoy the pictures. I know I will never get tired of looking at them. This was truly a trip I'll never forget.

I have about 130 pictures in my photobucket album, if you're interested I think this link should work: http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/blant9/

All of the pictures here come from there, so there'll be a lot of duplicates.

Enjoy!!!

Incredible pictures! You must have an awesome lens to get those pictures. The mother bear and cubs? The picture is like you were right there. Thank you for sharing. We are doing Alaska in August and I can't wait. What time of year were you there? It looks pretty cold. Thank you again.

Incredible pictures! You must have an awesome lens to get those pictures. The mother bear and cubs? The picture is like you were right there. Thank you for sharing. We are doing Alaska in August and I can't wait. What time of year were you there? It looks pretty cold. Thank you again.

We were in Alaska from August 19th to August 26th. It was never really cold cold, nothing we weren't ready for actually!!!

As for as my camera, its a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX100V. Its actually a point and shoot superzoom!!! I love it!!!! Took video too!!!! MOst of the shots of those bears were when they were across the creek, maybe 75 yds

What part of August are you going? We are doing a 3 day land tour Aug. 1st, then the cruise from Whittier to Vancouver starting August 4 on the Sapphire Princess...

stunning!!!!!! i can't imagine anyone looking at those pictures not wanting to book a trip to alaska that very minute!!!!

by the way, if you had it to do over again, would you start your trip in alaska and then go on the cruise, or do it the same way - cruise first then land trip?

Edited by alaska_planner

stunning!!!!!! i can't imagine anyone looking at those pictures not wanting to book a trip to alaska that very minute!!!!

by the way, if you had it to do over again, would you start your trip in alaska and then go on the cruise, or do it the same way - cruise first then land trip?

You know I've given that a lot of thought. I can buy into the theory that you want to do the land portion first, cause you're nice and fresh and then have the 7 days to relax. But I'm not convinced thats necessarily true. Ours was not a relaxing, take it easy type of cruise. the 2 sea days, maybe. Other than that, we were up at dawn and on the go. We didn't come on this cruise to sit on the ship afterall.

So I think if I did it again, I'd do it the same exact way. Starting in Vancouver and working my my north. Each place is more spectacular than the last, so you're building up to the finale, Denali!!!!

Thank you so much for your review and pictures! We had considered the Radiance, but have pretty much decided on Celebrity's Millie (unless they reposition the Solstice there for summer 2013). I sooooooooooooo want to book right now, but still have about 3 weeks before Celebrity releases their 2013 AK itineraries.

ULCajuncruiser

You should be on commission from the Alaskan tourist board with all the interest you've created with your wonderful photos and having us all rushing off to book our trip! ;):D:D

I'm sorry!!! :p We sailed at the end of the season last summer, so didn't feel rushed to get this done. But decided today was a good day. Everyone should go once!!!!!