Grand Suite on Costa Magica

Cruise4Andy

Just wondering if anyone had some pictures available to post here from a Grand Suite on the Magica.

I found some on the web, including the virtual tour from Costa's site, but it is always more informative when you see it from different perspectives.

Thank you for any input or picture postings....

Andy ;-)

Andy - what's the deal with PS on the Atl/Med? I was looking at it when booking the Med for next year. It appears that they simply took a level in the rear and called it PS rather than GS. I noted while looking at the stern of the Atl that it appeared as if the aft PS cabins were missing some windows that were in the living area of our GS. Is the PS all one big cabin rather than divided? We were on the top deck port. 8266. Booked same cabin on Med. Was tempted to go for the lowest deck for a different perspective but liked being at the top. The only trouble was one morning while cleaning the deck above they dragged the furniture all over the place at about 6am. Oh well.

Well, this is off topic, and I apologize --- but can either of you tell me what the sleeping arrangements are like in the Grand Suite on the Atlantica or Mediterranea? I'm going on the Mediterranea again next year with the K9 College Group and a bunch of us are thinking of taking a suite instead of veranda cabins. But I'm wondering if the extra sleeping is all sofa beds . . . not comfortable for some, and a pain to work around until they are made up and put away. It looks like the PS is definately that way.

Since we can't seem to get much out of Costa's website, any info would be helpful. Thanks.:confused:

JR:

We were in cabin # 5266, which is the only other aft PS besides cabin # 5295 on both, the Mediterranea and the Atlantica.

Although it appears on the deck plans that this cabin is as large as the GS cabins either below or above it, I still think there is a difference in layout and size.

The aft PS has a long hallway when entering into the cabin. You will walk straight towards the bathroom door. When entering the bathroom you will find a double vanity sink, large mirror and shelves towards your right. Ahead in the far right corner is the toilet and on the left when entering is the jacuzzi tub/shower combo. I assume that cabin # 5295 is just mirrored and reversed.

Once coming down the hallway towards the bathroom door, you'll make a 90 degree turn towards the main cabin room. On the right you'll find the double sided closet with sliding doors. Going deeper into the cabin it opens up a bit, although the right side (facing the balcony doors and windows) is angled. So the room is not straight, but rather odd shaped. Straight ahead in the main room you'll find the bed and nightstands. Before and next to the closet is a small table like area, which is also the top to the frigerator. Past the bed is a sofa, chair and coffee table, as well as the "dresser" with TV and safe.

Walking around the bed you'll find the dressing area/desk with large lighted mirror towards your right, prior to the large window front and balcony door. An yes, there is a window missing. Next to the TV, all GS have side windows, which the PS is missing (not covered... simply not there I guess).

The balcony though is the same as the GS balconies... HUGE! Plenty of space for a private party.... and lots of room for breakfast, lunch and sunbathing.

Hope this and the attached pics will help a bit...

And don't forget... I'm still looking for GS MAGICA pics... really want to see some different perspectives!!!

Andy

1494358019_Cabin5266-Main1.jpg.d4fdd05f3d6a48f832a71e73aa5259af.jpg

1196585759_Cabin5266-Foyer.jpg.00918b24712ad9e49fcc67d1f28d7455.jpg

539668098_Cabin5266-Balcony.jpg.361e551f95b90f7d14056189a70b90cb.jpg

JR:

And don't forget... I'm still looking for GS MAGICA pics... really want to see some different perspectives!!!

Andy

Hey Andy: Hei1980 here, have you found any information yet? We are interested also. BTW we had the best cruise of our long cruising life on the Costa Mediterranea from April 3-17!

Hei1980:

Awesome! I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time!

No, still looking for the info.. have not found any other pics besides the official Costa site ones. If I find something, I'll post it here and will forward it to you as well...

Have a wonderful day!

Andy

Hey Andy: We were seated with 163 Germans for second seating in the dining room. At the end of the cruise, we asked their TA, who was great, what his clients thought of the cruise? He said anyone who did not enjoy this cruise was stupid! My Mother didn't raise no stupid kid! Again, we loved every minute of our 14 days.

Archived