UGH - Minor customer service annoyance

cdamion

Called Carnival to buy some funship dollars to apply to my sailing and was told by the customer service person that there was no way to do this. She didn't even know what funship dollars were.

I called back and got somebody more knowledgeable who put me in touch with the right department who took care of it for me.

Just irritating that I wasted 10 minutes holding and talking to somebody that didn't know their own product. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that funship dollars were a thing of the past.

Moral of the story - if you get an answer you don't feel is right, hang up and try calling Carnival right back because you will get a different (maybe even correct) story from the next rep you talk to.

Yep...it's happened to us a couple of times and unfortunately not just with Carnival. Real customer service training seems to be a thing of the past...seems like most times they hire someone and just let them start without training them on their product.:(

Yep...it's happened to us a couple of times and unfortunately not just with Carnival. Real customer service training seems to be a thing of the past...seems like most times they hire someone and just let them start without training them on their product.:(

Or else you're talking to Bangalore, India.

Archived