No balconies on Paradise?

2013CruiseBride

I am looking at changing the cruise we are going to get married on and was looking at the Paradise out of Tampa. I see that they have pricing for inside cabin, OV, and suite and that it says unavailable for balcony. Does this mean there are NO balconies on the Paradise, or are there suites that have balconies?

Thanks in advance.

When we cruised on the Ecstasy, Elation and Paradise (sister ships), we always booked the OV rooms. We didn't want to pay suite prices for a balcony (especially for a short cruise). On our next cruise, which is a newer and bigger ship, we've booked a balcony again. :D

The suites do have balconies, so you will get one if you book the suite.

I had a suite on the Paradise just to get a balcony. The balcony was steel and not glass as you see on the newer ships. The room was fine but not what I consider a suite by today's standards.

Paradise just went through drydock. Maybe things updated a bit since last year. Te decor last June reminded me of the mid 70's. Regardless of upgrades, it still wont change the size or structure of the rooms.

Having been on the Paradise a couple of years ago in a suite, learned that the fantasy class ships are not our preference.

The "suites" are much smaller on the Paradise than the Glory or Pride and was definitely not worth the extra money we paid. It was extremely disappointing in terms of size and space for three people.

I can understand that some were disappointed with the size of the room or the size of the balcony, however, this is my first Carnival cruise and it is my wedding cruise. I definitely want a suite and I think it is an added bonus that it is going to have a balcony. I will at least go into this knowing what to expect, so I appreciate everyone's comments. I just think that this is going to be an awesome cruise no matter what!

op...if you're deciding ona suite, go directly to a cat 12.

the jr suites on the fantasy class are a joke, without even privacy or even room on the balcony.

While this is the Fantasy, she is a sister ship to the Paradise. If you look below the red line, those black openings are the balconies for the suites on the Upper deck. If you look in front of the life boats, those openings going forward to the bridge wing are the Verandah deck suites. They are offset inward. Anyone going up the stairs on the outside can look into your balcony as well as the bridge crew.

I still dont know why Carnival has abandoned the final upgrades to the rest of the Fantasy class ships. The extra 98 balconies would have been a nice addition.

fantasy1.jpg

While this is the Fantasy, she is a sister ship to the Paradise. If you look below the red line, those black openings are the balconies for the suites on the Upper deck. If you look in front of the life boats, those openings going forward to the bridge wing are the Verandah deck suites. They are offset inward. Anyone going up the stairs on the outside can look into your balcony as well as the bridge crew.

I still dont know why Carnival has abandoned the final upgrades to the rest of the Fantasy class ships. The extra 98 balconies would have been a nice addition.

I think it may be for the fact that the balcony additions take about a month. Since the 6 ships that got EOF, for their current drydocks they are going in for the normal 2 week drydock. So I would assume that Carnival doesn't want to take the ships out for an extra 2 weeks, just to add balconies.

But I may be wrong. I am just speculating.

I can understand that some were disappointed with the size of the room or the size of the balcony, however, this is my first Carnival cruise and it is my wedding cruise. I definitely want a suite and I think it is an added bonus that it is going to have a balcony. I will at least go into this knowing what to expect, so I appreciate everyone's comments. I just think that this is going to be an awesome cruise no matter what!

I know you will have a great time! I hope you will also come back and try one of CCL's other classes of ships too...:D

Archived