taxi to Sapphire - safe and easy??

blueseagirl

hi, we will be a mom and teen daughter traveling alone - is it safe and easy to get a taxi to Sapphire beach - and, how easy is it to find a taxi BACK to the ship when we are ready to leave? I have visions of being left at the beach with no way back:confused: I also see it will cost around 10$/person plus tip each way via taxi and $7 chair rental each at the beach, is this correct? Just trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest day to sit at a beach!

hi, we will be a mom and teen daughter traveling alone - is it safe and easy to get a taxi to Sapphire beach - and, how easy is it to find a taxi BACK to the ship when we are ready to leave? I have visions of being left at the beach with no way back:confused: I also see it will cost around 10$/person plus tip each way via taxi and $7 chair rental each at the beach, is this correct? Just trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest day to sit at a beach!

It is safe and very easy. Sorry, I can't remember what we paid for a taxi

no worries, taxis are always stationed at Sapphire, roundtrip is $20 pp. We stayed at the Sapphire Resort and had free chair and floatie use so don;t know the pricing but it's the same everywhere. Sapphire is the best choice on STT for a beach day in our opinion - enjoy!

taxi is 25 - 30 min because they head for Coki first. We didn't rent chairs and floaties because they were included with our condo, but I'm sure they're like everywhere else, $5 - 7 for lounges, beer was $4 at the Banana Cabana (I paid $5 for Heineken). You can also stop and grab beer and great subs at the Red Hook Marina Market (5 min past Sapphire). You'll just have the driver drop you in Red Hook then pay another taxi $5 to get back to Sapphire. We bought lunch once at the BC and I can't remember the pricing but it wasn't ridiculous. You can also buckets of beer and pizza from runners on the beach...

We were just there in Jan. It is a great beach. If you are nervious( I don't think you need to be) but if you are go to your roll call for the ship you are on & see if others are going. We did this with a group of 10 from our CC roll call & we got a taxi van for all of us! $10 ea. way & we asked the driver to come back around 12:30, he was there, and no problems. No tip needed. Chairs are $7 for the day. I thought St. Thomas seemed very safe.:)

We were just there in Jan. It is a great beach. If you are nervious( I don't think you need to be) but if you are go to your roll call for the ship you are on & see if others are going. We did this with a group of 10 from our CC roll call & we got a taxi van for all of us! $10 ea. way & we asked the driver to come back around 12:30, he was there, and no problems. No tip needed. Chairs are $7 for the day. I thought St. Thomas seemed very safe.:)

merinski - no tip needed? I don't understand that statement. You made arrangements with the driver and he came to pick you up and you didn't even tip him??? WOW:mad: How cheap can someone be?

There is no need to get a group for a taxi unless you want a special vehicle for some reason, and there is no need to make arrangements for pick up at the St Thomas beaches because there are taxis there or within 2 minutes of the resort. But if drivers wait on you Please tip them even more for their services. A dollar or 2 isn't much to thank someone. Many people take service for granted and wouldn't consider tipping, unfortunately; We always tip drivers and all service people who work hard to make our experience a good one.

Archived