ships sailing from NOLA?

do any of you RCI experts know what the future plans are for ships sailing out of the port of NOLA? I think right now it's Navigator of the Seas but possibly a switch at some time to Mariner of the Seas. I also wonder if additional ships might be coming to NOLA in the near future. Any news you might have heard would be appreciated...I have only sailed Carnival in the past but would like to try an RCI cruise, and NOLA is the closest cruise port for me

especially year round. The problem I think for the summer season would be hurricane's in this area. If they were to bring more ship or sailings I would they would need a change in itinerary. The current one is pretty boring. Maybe add labadie every other sailing. Just my 2 cents.

especially year round. The problem I think for the summer season would be hurricane's in this area. If they were to bring more ship or sailings I would they would need a change in itinerary. The current one is pretty boring. Maybe add labadie every other sailing. Just my 2 cents.

Or alternate in the Roatan itinerary like the Galveston ships do.

I have to say, I have been sailing on NCL out of NOLA for 3 years now. I like what they do and also love that 4 port run they have.

anybody who's sailed on Carnival, RCI and NCL: can you give me a brief synopsis comparing the three lines? I have only sailed Carnival...but the general idea I get from other cruisers is that RCI is more upscale than Carnival with fewer kids/families...and that NCL is an older crowd--like retirees and older...I am guessing, though, that those are just generalizations and that there really isn't a whole lot of difference among those three lines

thoughts? thanks for all of the feedback

we have been on all 3 lines and to us there is no comparison- rci far better especially with voyager class ships- ccl smaller older ships we dont care for- conquest is okay but navigator SOOO much better- did ncl spirit and it was okay - better than ccl triumph that was going from nola at one time- have not done ncl star and probably wont as long as we have royal caribbean as a choice

Archived