Help with shoes!

blueyesdm

Hey there!

I bought a coral colored dress for formal night and I'm trying to figure out what color shoes will go best? I'm trying to get some that I can also use with my black dress this way I only have to bring one pair of dress shoes ;)

Any suggestions from you guys would be appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Have you considered the clear shoes, maybe with some pretty rhinestones on them?

Something like this: http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2851766&boutique=sandal_shop_women&category=2376778~2372808~2372949~2372953&NextStyleID=2842091&PrevStyleID=2847519

OK, I'm not suggesting you spend this much, but it gives you an idea.

how about a tan/camel color? I have a pair of camel colored wedges that go with everything from red, to black, to light blue. especially with a tan, they look really nice. depending on whether your black dress was for formal night or not, it might be a nice option.:)

Take the dress shopping ("Honey, I'm going out for a while, my dress wants to go shopping") and see if you can come up with something. You may very well end up with black, I can't imagine much going with black and coral. I've seen the clear shoes, all I can think of is sweaty feet and no softening of the shoe, like leather. Maybe a dull metallic color, by dull, I mean not shiney (not boring).

Jane, where are you, this woman needs shoe help!!!

My votes in order of preference:

Gold or bronze

Silver or pewter

clear (not a personal favorite, but they are the look "a la mode" and will go

nicely with both your dresses)

Black patent

Not a fan or beige or black leather in this case. I think it will make the outfits looks less dressy. If you're on a budget and you already have them in your closet, then sure, they'll work. But I'm with Happy K's - take your dresses out with for a shopping trip.

Jane

Thanks to everyone for your replies!! I have so many ideas now :)

I'm digging the silver shoes the best I think...I was talking a co-worker and she is actually going to let me try on a pair of hers so wouldn't that just be sweet if I could save money too!!

I'm sure gold would look nice too but I'm just not into gold. Just a personal preference!

Thanks again ladies - I will let you know what I do! :D

Archived