Yukon Bus and Rail Tour ?

mj

Have a question pertaining to the Yukon Bus and Rail Tour that is offered on ships and through independent companies like Chilcoot. It is a 7.5 -8 hr trip that includes a stop to the museum and dog musher camp. Is this offered in early May or should I push the trip back?

You need to read the descriptions. They will indicated the stops. Caribou Crossing is the "stop" with the dog encounter and a museum.

I would suggest you "push" the trip back anyway, to mid May. Better all the way around.

Contact the vendors directly for their operating schedules.

If you go to www.chilkootcharters.com, there is a full description of each tour they offer. We are booked for the 7 1/2 hour one, taking White Pass Train up, then getting on the bus with Chilkoot, going up to Emerald Lake, with a stop at Carcross (lunch there also) and time with the puppies, etc.....I don't know if the amount of time spent there is what you want though....might want to email them to find out how long of a stop it is....

Thanks for all of the replies. Got a response back from the Chilihoot tour company in less than 3 hrs of sending the email and they are offering the tour to the Yukon for $176 and they offer it in early May. It is some of the other excursions that are offered in late May.

Saw Carnival's price at $209 and so this company saves you some money and picks you up at the port.

I have sent three emails to three different companies in Alaska: this one, Island Wings, and Orca enterprises. All three have responded very quickly

Archived