Disgusting experience!!!!!

smallperson

Actually, you can, kinda. I use hardshell sealed luggage which is fully washable AND waterproof up to 20 feet deep for cruises :)

Sadly they don't make this at Lands End anymore so I can't recommend it.

Can't predict weather, traffic, road conditions, plane delays, bus, subway, taxi, car trouble, missed wake-up calls, hangovers from Mardi Gras the night before, etc.

Not sure if the recent luggage/oil spill accident on Carnival has been mentioned on this thread or not (or any thread on the NCL board), but you can't predict this either. Of course these people made it on the ship, but what a big bummer for those that needed new luggage and the delay in sailaway. http://www.carnival.com/funville/forums/t/212362.aspx?PageIndex=3. In the middle of the page it shows a pic of the problem and you can click on pages 1 & 2 to read more about it.

(Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I heard about this from a friend and wasn't sure where to post it!)

The OP seems to have come back on a new thread that looks like it was removed. Can anyone tell the outcome??????

Oh, darn, I missed the new thread...I guess it did not last long. Did the OP say if she caught up with the ship later in the cruise? Or if travel insurance helped, if she had it?

Oh, darn, I missed the new thread...I guess it did not last long. Did the OP say if she caught up with the ship later in the cruise? Or if travel insurance helped, if she had it?

No additional information. Same complaint, same threat to sue, no new info

It looked like it was pulled after I said that the troll was back looking for tea and sympathy and I was all out of sympathy.

They had nothing new to add, just an abbreviated version of what they said before about suing NCL and how it was their fault and how the police should have allowed them in, etc., etc., etc.

As I commented on the new thread just started by smallperson which has quickly been deleted, I think it is obvious that she is not very cc savvy. I do feel sorry for her and it would be horrible to miss your cruise.

I checked the rollcall for her cruise just out of curiosity to see if anyone was talking about traffic, parades, travel time, etc. ahead of time and there was quite a lot of Mardi Gras discussion - some 60 pages if I remember correctly.

As I said before, I am very sad for smallperson and it is one more lesson to me to learn from others. She has only posted 5 times and doesn't seem to know how to be an active participant and find the valuable information that is on this site. Hopefully she has learned now and this horrible experience will have some good come of it. NCL is in no way responsible.

When they provided you with directions to the ship they DID NOT accept responsibility for anything! Best of luck with your useless "lawsuit" It will cost you $ and will get you NOTHING! Next time you screw up your vacation, blame yourself!

Bottom line, you didn't plan and you want others to pay for your stupidity!

Amen!

no way! this thread is still open?

cheerleading%20clipart.gif

Oh yeah. Still open. OP still hasn't returned. We do know that OP didn't make arrangements to catch the ship. They do still think that NCL owes them something. I'm guessing they are now latitudes members but that is all I foresee them getting.

Oh yeah. Still open. OP still hasn't returned. We do know that OP didn't make arrangements to catch the ship. They do still think that NCL owes them something. I'm guessing they are now latitudes members but that is all I foresee them getting.

thanks for the update. too lazy to read back. i'll just keep my eyes open if anyone should summon the cheerleaders. :)

thanks for the update. too lazy to read back. i'll just keep my eyes open if anyone should summon the cheerleaders. :)

Ah'm guessin' that you dint know OP started another thread spewing the same rant? It's gone now. Actually, it was gonned pretty quick.

Ah'm guessin' that you dint know OP started another thread spewing the same rant? It's gone now. Actually, it was gonned pretty quick.

nope. had no clue about the other thread. like many...i don't mind constructive criticisms, just please offer some suggestions.

there's that other thread now about some elderly couple from ottowa who sailed on the Jewel.

We all know that according to the cheerleaders on this board, NCL can do no wrong. Everything NCL does is ok by them. The food is the best, accomodations are the greatest, and there is never a service problem. Nothing is ever NCL's fault. You won't see much sympathy here.

I disagree with you 100 %. I maintain that right because it is neither right nor wrong just my own feeling and I am the self-appointed Head Cheerleader of Norwegian Cruise Line as any number will tell you and so will speak errrrr write.

• You WILL find sympathy on these boards if it is warranted.
  • NCL HAS done wrong and they do what they can to make it right.
  • Everything NCL does is pretty much okay. Find me one cruise line for the same amount of money that does it better.
  • The food is NOT the best everywhere but it is d*** mighty fine given the price in the vast majority of venues.
  • The accommodations at NCL are just fine for the price and if you're looking for a suite, no one does it better than they do.
  • There will always be service issues. NCL is no exception. Things break down and so do people. How one goes about resolving those service issues is the crux of the problem.
  • To say that nothing is ever NCL's fault - well, when you get right down to it - most of the time, it's our fault. Sometimes it IS their fault and if it is, they do their best to rectify it. That is, of course, if you follow logical pathways to conflict resolution.

I am truly sorry that your vacation got screwed up but really, shouldn't your anger be directed at yourself ?

And for those who claim to live somewhere and NOT know about Mardi Gras and its history, seriously, you seriously need some serious education. :rolleyes:

PS Sorry for the delay in chiming in ... I was at Parris Island watching 443 young men and women who signed a blank check giving their lives to the USA, graduate from Boot Camp. Semper Fi ! :)

I disagree with you 100 %. I maintain that right because it is neither right nor wrong just my own feeling and I am the self-appointed Head Cheerleader of Norwegian Cruise Line as any number will tell you and so will speak errrrr write.

You are on top of the pyramid!

cheerleading%20clipart.gif

PS Sorry for the delay in chiming in ... I was at Parris Island watching 443 young men and women who signed a blank check giving their lives to the USA, graduate from Boot Camp. Semper Fi ! :)

OOOH RAH!

Ok .... if I didn't visit Cruise Critic, and no one told me it was Mardi Gras, I wouldn't have known! LOL

I would say, that as an educated person, this has been a lesson for you, and all others, who have read this thread. I each and everyone will research the city they are sailing from.

Archived