Dream, Freedom or Paradise

tkabrk

I've done both the Dream and Freedom. The Paradise is a fantasy class sized ship if I recall correctly. Although some people are fans, I am not fond of them. I think they are getting older and seem so small compared to the newer ships.

The Dream is VERY nice. It has a waterpark for the kids and a very nice Serenity area for adults. The promenade has an outdoor deck surrounding it. The whole ship is gorgeous.

The Freedom is a little smaller and older than the Dream but it's still plenty big and really nice as well. Between the two, I would go with the itinerary that I liked best. I'm doing the Freedom again in June, because I wanted to do an 8 night cruise and I have never been to Tortola or Antigua. Plus my flight to Ft Lauderdale was only $170 round trip so I grabbed it! :D

But, I am very much hoping to get to sail on the Dream again soon.

I've cruised Carnival several times and we have always had great service and food on any ship, so I really don't think you will go wrong with any choice.

Good luck with your decision. :)

I went on the Dream and then the Paradise in January, boy do I wish I had done it in reverse.

The Dream is newer, and despite it's size, did not feel crowded, IMHO. We had a great time, then we got off and went on the Paradise. Felt like we had gone from 1st class to last class, again, just MHO.

I've been on Dream twice, and I've sailed sister ships to the other 2. I would certainly choose the Dream for you. But I also like the Freedom-style ships. You can't really go wrong with either one. Dream will have a few things that Freedom doesn't. Dream was not crowded either time we sailed, but we also didn't sail at peak times. Dream has 2 large waterslides, while Freedom has one large waterslide, and Paradise has one small one. My 2 Dream cruises have been my favorite 2 out of 10, with a sister ship to the Freedom (Valor) being my 3rd favorite.

Plus my flight to Ft Lauderdale was only $170 round trip so I grabbed it! :D)

Dang it!!! I was deciding between the Dream on May 5th out of PC or the 8 day Freedom out of FT Lauderdale. When I looked, the planes prices were the same so just went with Dream. Lucky!!! I ended up paying 1300 for my plane tickets lol. Oh well though, its over now and now we just wait!

Archived