Dont have a passport?? Might want to get one soon..

Nitra

Proposed Timeline for Implementation for Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative Requirements

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and the Western Hemisphere

Travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada will be required to have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement.

The travel initiative requirements will be rolled out in phases, providing as much advance notice as possible to the affected public to enable them to meet the terms of the new guidelines. The proposed implementation timeline is as follows:

December 31, 2005 – Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

December 31, 2006 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.

December 31, 2007 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

Yes, but right now there are negotiations going on with Bush, Provinces and Northern Governers about this because of the impact it will have on Northern Border towns. For example, Soo Michigan is dependent on Soo Ontario for people to spend money in the businesses. If we stopped going over then their economy would take a nose dive. There are a lot of people that will refuse to pay $87 for a passport (and ours are only good for 5 years). This policy would have a major negative economic impact on the Northern States and Florida (in my personal opinion).

Yes, but right now there are negotiations going on with Bush, Provinces and Northern Governers about this because of the impact it will have on Northern Border towns. For example, Soo Michigan is dependent on Soo Ontario for people to spend money in the businesses. If we stopped going over then their economy would take a nose dive. There are a lot of people that will refuse to pay $87 for a passport (and ours are only good for 5 years). This policy would have a major negative economic impact on the Northern States and Florida (in my personal opinion).

Uhhh, hello? Do you think Bush gives a hoot about any economy? It's not his priority......if it was, then he'd work on getting gas prices down, and release the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS(660 million to be exact) of gallons of oil that the US has in reserve right now. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Uhhh, hello? Do you think Bush gives a hoot about any economy? It's not his priority......if it was, then he'd work on getting gas prices down, and release the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS(660 million to be exact) of gallons of oil that the US has in reserve right now. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Bush backs off passports for border travel

Interesting. That's as good as saying,,,awww, just forget it. Money talks, BS walks.....

As far as the price for a passport. What's the big deal? If you average it out for the 5 years, it's only $17.40 in US, not sure about Canadian $. And for us, the PP is also not that bad if you average it out for 10 years. Like about $10.00 per year. Not bad to have the security of safe passage, not to me anyway.

Oh and sleepybert, New Yorkers would keep Florida in business.;)

Archived