What happens if someone can't go

dremn2004

My DH, DD, and DS are booked to leave in 5 days. Unfortunately, due to minor complications with my DD pregnancy, the doctor would not sign off on her to go. We have tried desperately to find someone to go in her place, but on such short notice, no one can. What happens if DD just never checks in? Would that be best, or should I call and let them know she is not coming?

Either way, since she is not going, will the port fees and taxes be credited back to the cabin she was booked in? Will there be tips for 2 people coming for her room, or just one person (DS and DD were sharing cabin)?

Any help/advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

I would NOT call & just let her not show up on the day of the cruise. Can't remember the details, but I do remember reading about others in a similar situation & the advice was to NOT call Carnival.

Sorry that she can't travel with yall!

DJ

Perhaps Firefly can chime in? I might be in a similar situation in May. My roomie might not be able to go, due to medical reasons. Should I just check in, tell them that she is 'parking the car' or some other lame excuse? Then, will her taxes be credited back?

And, as stated above, tips would not be an issue 'cause no S&S card was generated?

Husband & I were a no show on a 3 day cruise last month~ Carnival called me at 7am Saturday morning asking if we were going to meet the ship at the next port~:rolleyes: told them no we were not going to be sailing. Called my PVP a few days later and asked her how long it would take to get the taxes/port fees refunded and she said let me do that now~ I was even able to get my OBC from early saver rate reductions credited back!

Archived