Going on Thomson Dream on 8th April,just one question.Arrive in Barbados at 6am on return.Do our cases go to airport or do we have them all day?

No, you won't have your cases. You have to put them outside your cabin by a certain time - 1/2 am? - you will get clear instructions the day before. So you do need to keep anything with you in your hand luggage that you may want to access during your departure day. As flights leaving Barbados are late afternoon or thereabouts, you will have several hours of 'freedom' either to enjoy the facilities on the ship or even go off the ship into Bridgetown (or even a Thomson excursion) before you are transferred to the airport.

You have to vacate your cabin by a given time, say, 9am but there is a secure place to leave your hand luggage if you want to get off the ship for a few hours. There are courtesy cabins available and you can pay to have the exclusive use of a cabin should you wish.

At some ports e.g. Palma when it is time to leave the ship to go to the airport, you have to identify your cases which are lined up on the dockside. Now at that point you can open your cases should you wish to take out/put in any items you want to swap over. You then ensure your cases are put onto the coaches to go to the airport.

I can't remember whether this is the same system in Barbados or whether they take your cases directly to the airport - but again, you will have your cases with you at check-in so could access your cases then.

But to all intents and purposes you won't have access to your cases during the day of your departure - until either at the dockside or at the airport you are reunited with your luggage.

Don't do what we did last year in Palma. We have very unusual patterns on our 2 cases and found them in seperate places on the dockside amidst hundreds of cases. We put coloured ribbons on the handles. I grabbed mine and checked the ribbons and my husband grabbed the other. I thought it was a bit odd at the airport when they weighed in heavier than they should be but didn't think anything about it UNTIL we collected our cases in Manchester and had to wait until all the cases were collected to find the last one wasn't ours at all. We were mortified, we had picked up someone else's case and brought it all the way home. All was well eventually and we got our case back but some other poor person had to go home with no luggage. My ears were definitely burning.:eek::eek:

Jan

To cllarify what Kruzseeka says.In Barbados you put your cases outside your cabin in the early hours and you dont see them again until you land back in this country.

Really? Gosh that's good - don't you have to have them weighed then? Fantastic - don't need to worry about the weight of the duty free and souvenirs I've acquired during our stay. Whoopee! :D:D

(There's no wonder I couldn't remember what happened at Barbados - we flew in there but flew back from Havana last time!!! Sorry :confused: )

• 1 month later...
Going on Thomson Dream on 8th April,just one question.Arrive in Barbados at 6am on return.Do our cases go to airport or do we have them all day?

We're on the same cruise as you by the looks of it - eee excited muchly, its our first cruise and first time to the caribbean!! :)

Michelle n Graham

We're on the same cruise as you by the looks of it - eee excited muchly, its our first cruise and first time to the caribbean!! :)

Michelle n Graham

Oh you are so going to love it ,, and when you come home you will be searching for the next one :D Happy cruising

Mrs.C :)

Archived