Millennium Experts....Balcony Cabins?

mavfan

Hi All!

I had originally posted this under cabin selection, but since it is ship specific I thought I might get more help here.

So I am very close to booking a 5 night cruise on the Millennium in March. After going back and forth I decided to pay the roughly $300 more for a balcony. Will it be worth it? I hope so. Having only sailed via inside cabin on 9 other cruises I figure its about time I see how the other half sail, lol!

Any-who, I have two separate cabins on hold and a question about a third. I have read on these boards all about the larger balconies and have narrowed my choices down to either 7049 (triangular balcony) or 7180 (larger balcony over royal suite). Which one would you prefer? I have slight reservations about the 7180 as from my understanding it is a recessed room with larger balcony so when you look over the edge of your balcony you can see the peoples awning below.

Have you stayed in both? Have you stayed in one (or one similar)? Give me your thoughts please!!!

ALSO...I will be booking category 2A as it is currently the cheapest BUT notice some Sweet Sixteen cabins are available. Would it be possible to get one of them booked in this CAT or are those reserved only for those that book in 2C?

Thanks in advance y'all!!

Any balcony is worth $300 imho. I have stayed in triangular balcony on Connie (sister ship to Millie) and do like direct view down to water. The only disadvantage to us, is that we do not like forward staterooms (just a personal preference). We have also stayed above the royal suites although is was on deck eight. The view out is still beautiful and you cannot see the canopy below unless you are standing at the rail. As for a sweet 16, it is a two category upgrade from a 2A. Check with your travel agent and ask if they have a 2C in their "group sales" staterooms. With their possible OBC and other perks you may get a deal this close to sailing. Good luck.

Bob

We stayed in this cabin on the Infinity in Sept. It's a great cabin. We could see down to the balcony below us, but it didn't obstruct anything. We loved it, so much that we're staying in 7177 on our next cruise on the Millennium.

If anybody noticed that my cabin is different than in a earlier post, I finally looked it up and it's right this time.

We used to always cruise standard outside cabin, and occasionally an inside cabin due to pricing. Once the pricing started coming down we moved to a balcony and have never booked another cruise without one. Besides the extra real estate to move around in outside, the room just seems bigger because of the large sliding doors versus the window. I recall staying in 7180 and liking it very much, but I can't honestly say I remember any details.

Do the balcony.

1) Waking up in the morning and having breakfast out there is sublime.

2) Seeing the sunset from your cabin in the afternoon is romantic.

3) Stepping out there in the middle of the night and seeing the ocean stream past is one of the most reflective moments you'll have.

I couldn't cruise without a balcony.

We stayed in 7175 last year and just thought I would mention that these cabins are VERY visible from the Ocean Cafe as you can see from the photo in the older thread below. The double sized balcony was very nice though. Also the overhang above you broadens towards the rear so you will get more shade in 7180.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316220&page=2

On our Nov Millie sailing due to a price drop after final payment we could upgrade to concierge balcony on 8th floor for only $40pp vs Oceanview -- it was great. Not a big balcony but love CC room service breakfast upgrade

• 1 year later...

I'm sure this information is on a thread somewhere but I can't find it so I'm going to ask. We're booked in cabin 9153 on the Millennium for an Alaska cruise. Does anyone know of any surprises we'll have concerning that cabin or are we ok?

We stayed in this cabin on the Infinity in Sept. It's a great cabin. We could see down to the balcony below us, but it didn't obstruct anything. We loved it, so much that we're staying in 7177 on our next cruise on the Millennium.

If anybody noticed that my cabin is different than in a earlier post, I finally looked it up and it's right this time.

7177, 7175 and 7173 are great cabins with larger balcony and close to elevator/stairs.

Any-who, I have two separate cabins on hold and a question about a third. I have read on these boards all about the larger balconies and have narrowed my choices down to either 7049 (triangular balcony) or 7180 (larger balcony over royal suite). Which one would you prefer?

So which one did you end up going with?

I wish I had seen this post earlier because we stayed in 7049 in November last year. We loved it!!! So close to stairs/elevators... quiet... FANTASTIC balcony! :D:D:D

I guess this info will help someone else who has a similar question now. I will try to put up a photo of the balcony tonight. I had rough measurements somewhere at home too so if I can find them I will post them.

So which one did you end up going with?

I wish I had seen this post earlier because we stayed in 7049 in November last year. We loved it!!! So close to stairs/elevators... quiet... FANTASTIC balcony! :D:D:D

I guess this info will help someone else who has a similar question now. I will try to put up a photo of the balcony tonight. I had rough measurements somewhere at home too so if I can find them I will post them.

Here's our pictures of 7049 and the triangular balcony (I couldn't find my note with the measurements of the balcony... but if I do I will come back and post it)

8777130802_436f96312a_b.jpg

In this picture you can see how wide the normal balconies are by the depth of the glass panel.

8770561031_e81540e9e1_b.jpg

Another view of the balcony from just inside the door.

8770557723_7b2a7b74b2_b.jpg

A fantastic cabin that costs the same as all the others around it but has a much bigger balcony!!!

Archived