Late Guests?

cupcake8503

I booked my wedding with Carnival (embarkation day out of NY) and the information they sent me stated that the bridal couple along with their wedding guests should show up at 11:00 am for early boarding. I have a few people that are known for being late and I wanted to know if we board starting at 11 and a few people show up after we board (sailing and non-sailing guests) will they still be able to get on the ship and find their way to the ceremony or do they have to check-in with us? I hope this doesn't happen and people respect the time we give them but as always you never know what may occur.

I asked the same question about the Pride and was told that this was not optimal, but the shore-side staff would try to sort it out. They give you priority boarding and check you in all together, so by a couple people showing up late it throws them off. It was also mentioned that the late guests may be late to the ceremony or miss it completely--I don't know how true that is, but I didn't want to test it so I told my guests to be there 15 minutes earlier than the Weddings Dept. told me.

I didn't marry on Carnival but I got married in NY on Princess. We didn't leave to go on the ship until everyone got there, but I had told people to get there 30 minutes before I knew they had to. That worked out and I ended up being the one who was late!

I was told my Carnival that everyone should arrive on time and if they didn't the non-sailing guest would not be permitted to board and the sailing guest would have to go through normal check in and not VIP with the other guests.

I'm sure they will wait a few minutes but probably not too long. Plus you wouldn't want to wait too long because it may cause you to not have enough time to finish getting ready. Also, it all depends too on when the ship clears customs. It may tell you to arrive at 11, but you may not be able to even board the ship until 12.

Some of my guests are known for running late so I know what you are saying. To avoid all this hassle, on my invitations I put the time to arrive as 30 minutes before we are actually suppose to be there (we are suppose to be at the dock at 10:30 so I put 10). I will make sure I am there at 10 and that gives everyone 30 minutes just in case they are running late.

We also have to catch a ferry to get to our port so I put it a little earlier for that reason too. You never know when the ferry line will be backed up.

I don't know how close everyone lives to your port but if you are worried about people arriving on time, you could get a charter bus or something to bring people to the ship. Then everyone will get there together and on time!

Archived