Changing PVP's

Muumuu

My first issue with him was our initial contact. I emailed him with the info I wanted and continued to research other sources. I called a TA that I had used in the past just to inquire and she, without my knowledge placed a hold on a cabin. The next day I had an email from him stating he was glad I found time to contact and reserve with someone. Did not like the tone but called and did reserve with him at a good price. I have since learned via these boards of a potential problem and I may be moved out of my balcony by Carnival. I emailed him last week and again this am about this potential problem and have heard nothing. All I want to know is if I may be moved and if so to change to another cabin or another sailing.

You change change PVP. I have done it. The PVP whether are not its the same company you will have to give them your password for your booking and they will inform carnival you requested a change. I found a low price with someone else change from carnival still got a 5 category upgrade. When you do change get a price quote from the PVP before telling them you want to change. It may cost more if they charge more. I use Best Price Cruise. I would call any Company before going with price online. Prices usually are cheaper when you call them direct. This is due to the new online pricing policys set by the Cruise industy RCL & CCL.

Why do you need to ask to change? Next time you book a cruise, just call and book with the person who answers. In the unlikely event that the PVP you don't like answers, just hang up and call back. What's the point of changing for your current booking? You're already booked. You can always be bumped from your assigned cabin, regardless of who you book with, Carnival or a TA. It is not common, though. I wouldn't worry. Just book with a different PVP next time.

I booked my trip through a company that discounts cruises. Can I contact Carnival and ask to be assigned to a PVP?

Margie - Since you have already booked your cruise, NO, you cannot call Carnival and be assigned a PVP. Since you're booked with another company, THEY are the ones you have to deal with - questions, etc. (PVPs don't get involved if you've booked elsewhere.)

The PVP whether are not its the same company you will have to give them your password for your booking and they will inform carnival you requested a change.

Lamont, a "PVP" is Carnival's designation for booking agent. No other company refers to their agents as PVP, so I think you're confusing the original poster.

I use Best Price Cruise.

FYI - It is against Cruise Critic's guidelines to refer to any agency or agent (other than the cruiseline) by name. :)

Muumuu - You can easily get your booking transferred from one PVP to another. Call and ask for a supervisor and explain the problems you are incurring.

About the balcony cabin - Why do you think you might be changed from that cabin? When booking an assigned cabin, I've always gotten the exact cabin I booked, so I guess I don't understand why you think that could be a problem. (It's VERY rare that you are changed if you book assigned.)

Archived