Excursion - Montego Bay

Beachgirl15

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lol Looks like we are all wondering! I wanted to do this one as well (especially since I will have two little ones). We did Doctor's Cave Beach (which is absolutely BEAUTIFUL) but there were a lot of beggers and it got crowded pretty quick so we wanted to try something different and all inclusive. I have been researching and Sunset Beach is supposed to be a good one. After I find out I will post what I found, and then hopefully by then SOMEONE that has gone will have something to tell us :)

The Seawinds Club is an all inclusive day through Carnival. It costs 110 per adult and 80 per child. Below is a link to Jamaica For A Day. They offer all inclusives to cruise passengers with or without transportation, from all 3 ports in Jamaica. They have 4 different resorts.

For those coming into Montego Bay, your choice is either the Sunset Beach @ 60 for adults and 40 for kids without transportation, add 9 pp for roundtrip transportation. So a family of 2 adults and 1 kid will save over 100 dollars with this option, including transportation. The Hilton Rose Hall is 75 for adults and 55 for kids, and transportation is 15 more pp, so @ 90 and 70, you're still cheaper than Carnival and the Hilton gets fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor.

If you're arriving at Falmouth, the prices are the same for the Hilton as for Montego Bay and the transportation costs for the Sunset go from 9 to 15 pp.

If you're arriving into Ocho Rios, your choices are the Sunset Jamaica Grande @ 60 + 9 for adults and 40 + 9 for kids or the adults only Dunn's River Resort, which is 70 + 9.

http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Jamaica_Shore_Excursion.html

Best of luck with your choices.....do research on Tripadvisor, but take it with a grain of salt, because almost all of those reviews are coming from people that stayed there for a few days or a week plus, not for a few hours on a day pass. If you have kids, the Sunset Beach has a nice waterpark. The Hilton or the Dunns River are the more upscale of the 4 properties.

Archived