cruising solo/single and meeting people.

cruzin w chris

hi, i am booked on the epic for dec 2012 and have met many terrific people on the roll call/ face book page for our cruise. but my biggest concern is meeting the other solo/singles from the studio cabins on the ship. i am very shy face to face at first but i do open up like a bag of chips at a superbowl party once i get to talking with someone. my problem is the initial introduction. i suppose i could have a couple stiff drinks before hand and that would probably help. has anyone else been " in the same boat " that can assure me that things will just fall into place and i shouldnt be worried about this. thanks fellow solo/ singles.

hi, i am booked on the epic for dec 2012 and have met many terrific people on the roll call/ face book page for our cruise. but my biggest concern is meeting the other solo/singles from the studio cabins on the ship. i am very shy face to face at first but i do open up like a bag of chips at a superbowl party once i get to talking with someone. my problem is the initial introduction. i suppose i could have a couple stiff drinks before hand and that would probably help. has anyone else been " in the same boat " that can assure me that things will just fall into place and i shouldnt be worried about this. thanks fellow solo/ singles.

You sound identical to me! Shy at first and really don't like to make the first move when it comes to talking to someone I don't know. However, once you get to know me I don't shut up!! I haven't cruised solo yet, but hoping to do a solo in one of the studio rooms eventually!

cruzin w chris, If you are in one of the studio cabins as a solo, you will have access to the lounge area just for those solo cabins and that should be a great way to meet other solos. Don't worry, there are other solos that are a little on the shy side, but you will be meeting them in the solo lounge and it should be a relaxed atmosphere. If you are not in a solo cabin then you won't have the access to the solo lounge, so hopefully you are. Have a great trip.

cruzin w chris, If you are in one of the studio cabins as a solo, you will have access to the lounge area just for those solo cabins and that should be a great way to meet other solos. Don't worry, there are other solos that are a little on the shy side, but you will be meeting them in the solo lounge and it should be a relaxed atmosphere. If you are not in a solo cabin then you won't have the access to the solo lounge, so hopefully you are. Have a great trip.

yes, i am in a studio cabin so im hoping this will help. this is the cruise that will tell me weather i ever do this again solo so i will be trying to put my self out there and make some friends.

yes, i am in a studio cabin so im hoping this will help. this is the cruise that will tell me weather i ever do this again solo so i will be trying to put my self out there and make some friends.

It will be much easier for you since you have the studio cabin and the lounge that goes with it. I am quiet by nature as well, but I will talk to just about anyone who wants to visit, All my cruises have been solo, I love the freedom you get from that. You only have to worry about yourself and what you want to do. I hope you have a great trip. Happy sailing.

It was great- make sure to go to the 5:30 the first few days-

Just say hello to people. You will not need drinks believe me as there will be other solos popping in and out the rest of the week.

I will say this as a testament to the studio lounge and the people i met-

I really didn't meet any non-studio people as much; due to the fact that it was a nice group of solos; in other words I didn't really have to look for non-solos to talk too.

As I posted in other reviews/threads- I kept dreaming for 3 weeks I was still on the boat.

I am doing the Breakaway next, only reason I am not doing the Epic again this December is that i just don't want to really go back to Miami- its a little easier going from NYC as by then I will only live 40 minutes from the city

The advice you're getting is good. I was on the Epic in a studio earlier this month and met a lot of fun people. As has been said, be sure to go to the 5:30 get-togethers. There is a cruise consultant representative assigned there who will help people find things to do together. For example, for my cruise she set up meals in both MDRs, a Teppanyaki lunch, and ice bar reservations. Participate and you're sure to find people to talk with and even go to shows and other meals with. Enjoy your cruise.

Cruzin w Chris,

I am exactly the same way about the initial meeting shy thing. Although I have yet to cruise solo, I have taken numerous coach tours by myself and have never had trouble meeting up with some great people to talk to and hang around with. As long as you don't hide out in your cabin, I think you will meet many interesting people and have a super time!

hi all! I'm cruising solo on the EPIC Mar 31. Orginally made res with my fiance' coming with me, but she decided after 4 years she was no longer happy. ***? Anyway... I'm going anyway, but I have a balcony room. Can I still access the singles lounge for meet and greets?

Thanks!

Don

hi all! I'm cruising solo on the EPIC Mar 31. Orginally made res with my fiance' coming with me, but she decided after 4 years she was no longer happy. ***? Anyway... I'm going anyway, but I have a balcony room. Can I still access the singles lounge for meet and greets?

Thanks!

Don

sorry to hear that !! i really dont have an answer to that question though. u might have to ask your t/a. yeah mine decided she wasnt happy after 10 yrs so thats why im goin solo.

Thanks!

Don

You can. The studio living room is open to all solo travelers from 5:30 to 6:30. At other times, it is locked and you will need a studio door card to get in.

Have no fear! If you show up at 5:30 in the lounge, you will meet people. I am not shy and dislike the MDR, so I asked if (last week...just returned today) if anyone would like to join me in a speciality restaurant. We formed a very eclectic group and dined together most nights. Plus, they've changed things a little fom last year: the solo host ranged two solo dinners, one solo lunch, one solo ice bar gathering. As a solo traveler, I will only travel on the epic, and perhaps like Howard, on the Breakaway.

It is a lounge that you can enter through the studio area on either deck 11 or 12. They have a bar in there, coffee machine, tv's and music.

Mostly we just used it for an hour-

there was really no need to be in there during the day as there was so much else going on.

Alright... Sounds good... Thanks for the heads up! Where exactly is this "Studio Living Room"?

I am SO ready for this cruise -solo or not, here I come!!! :D

Use the forward elevators and go to deck 11. When getting off elevators turn toward the stairwell. look for the sineage and you will see studio livingroom. During the solo gathering, any solos, even those not in studios are welcome. The gathering time is always listed in the Dailies

Thanks!

Don

Looking for someone to split the cost of that cabin? :)

I almost rebooked it the other night for 12/15 as they had a one day promo where for any Epic room you got a $100 OBC! This was on their facebook page.

Come to think of it , I could have held the reservation for 24 hours before deciding.

It seems some breakaway info will be released last week.

*As time goes on I am more and more fond about my week on the Epic you should enjoy.

The most important thing; it is like a small city.

I found having the studio gathering at 5:30-6:30 added some structure to my day;

if you have an hour or two to yourself in the afternoon it is good, you willl see people later on

I almost rebooked it the other night for 12/15 as they had a one day promo where for any Epic room you got a $100 OBC! This was on their facebook page.

Come to think of it , I could have held the reservation for 24 hours before deciding.

It seems some breakaway info will be released last week.

*As time goes on I am more and more fond about my week on the Epic you should enjoy.

The most important thing; it is like a small city.

I found having the studio gathering at 5:30-6:30 added some structure to my day;

if you have an hour or two to yourself in the afternoon it is good, you willl see people later on

oh you should have... we have a great roll call and facebook gathering goin on :cool:

Archived