Your favorite "dance/rock bands" and where are they now?"

manmtnmike

Ok,

Yeah, I know this will not be easy.....

I realize everyone cruises for different reasons and probably not too many choose based on the bands or music,

But after a horendous lack on my first RCL experience...back to Carnival..

Looking to sail on a Carnival, 7 day, in late Aug. or in Sept. 2012.

We've decided to do our best, to book at last minute, as we change our initial booking-hoping to gain new and accurate insight on "what band is where".

With pitifully little help from Carnival in the past, I'm hoping Cruise Critic will come to my aid:) as we keep resurrecting this thread, an accurate list may be developed.

It would be good to share how we could communicate with specific bands via: websites, e- mails, etc. and find out about their contracts, ending date and if they are re-upping and/or changing ships.

Any other helpful ideas appreciated!

Some of the bands as examples:

Blood Power,

Music Society,

Music Highlights,

Music Manila,

Music Unlimited (has name changed?)

Music Boardwalk,

Music Asia,

Please add others:

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Ok,

Yeah, I know this will not be easy.....

I realize everyone cruises for different reasons and probably not too many choose based on the bands or music,

But after a horendous lack on my first RCL experience...back to Carnival..

Looking to sail on a Carnival, 7 day, in late Aug. or in Sept. 2012.

We've decided to do our best, to book at last minute, as we change our initial booking-hoping to gain new and accurate insight on "what band is where".

With pitifully little help from Carnival in the past, I'm hoping Cruise Critic will come to my aid:) as we keep resurrecting this thread, an accurate list may be developed.

It would be good to share how we could communicate with specific bands via: websites, e- mails, etc. and find out about their contracts, ending date and if they are re-upping and/or changing ships.

Any other helpful ideas appreciated!

Some of the bands as examples:

Blood Power,

Music Society,

Music Highlights,

Music Manila,

Music Unlimited (has name changed?)

Music Boardwalk,

Music Asia,

Please add others:

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Anyone know the names of the other "Manila" bands?

It was my understanding that the "Music" bands no longer had there contract with CCL. That info is about a year old, so I do not know the status now. I personally haven't seen any of them in quite a number of years. Blood Power, I THINK, is on the Magic currently. I will also highly recommend the BlackJack Band, currently playing on the Dream. They just recently took there vacation from mid July to mid August 2011. They should be around a while. Good Luck with your search. I'm curious myself what your results will be........

We too enjoy the cover bands and are terribly disappointed when we get on board and the cover band entertainment lacks...............

You want the best music on a cruise? Try a sixthman cruise. Expensive, but 30 real-touring bands!

Ok, I haven't been on one yet (leave in 8 days), but from everything I hear, it is the best thing ever :)

We really enjoyed Music Asia on two cruises. They were on the Splendor May 2011. I heard their contract was up and they were taking a break for a few months and not sure which ship they would be on for the next contract. I asked on Carnival forum if anyone had seen them and didn't get a reply.

Just read on another post from today, someone just off the splendor 2 weeks ago said they really enjoyed Music Manilla , so I guess these bands are still around. They said it was the best cruise band they ever heard. I hope they will still be there in June. I don't know how long their contracts are. Good to hear though. Yeah!!

Anyone know the names of the other "Manila" bands?

Music Degree was on the Fantasy earlier this month. That doesn't fit your criteria, as that does 4- 5- and 6-days, but if you're just looking to find out the names of other bands, there you go. And they could move around between now and when you're looking to cruise.

They were pretty decent, I thought. We danced to them at the deck party. They also played in the Cats Lounge, and when they said something about it being Valentine's Day, someone shouted out "Wonderful Tonight" and they just started playing it. With a lot of the performers on the ships these days, if you request a specific song, they have to flip through the song book to find it, or just tell you they don't play that one.

They also appeared as the Beatles in the production show "Ticket to Ride."

Music Degree was on the Fantasy earlier this month. That doesn't fit your criteria, as that does 4- 5- and 6-days, but if you're just looking to find out the names of other bands, there you go. And they could move around between now and when you're looking to cruise.

They were pretty decent, I thought. We danced to them at the deck party. They also played in the Cats Lounge, and when they said something about it being Valentine's Day, someone shouted out "Wonderful Tonight" and they just started playing it. With a lot of the performers on the ships these days, if you request a specific song, they have to flip through the song book to find it, or just tell you they don't play that one.

You're so right, great band and I loved to "Ticket to Ride".

I would be interested, possibly a B2B.

Would anyone happen to know if a band is on the Pride and if so who they would be?? We enjoyed the bands on the Miracle and Destiny so looking forward to seeing someone on the Pride.

I'm with you on this...We also enjoyed the bands on the Miracle and Destiny.

...and would hope when people post of the bands they like that they would PLEASE post the band names for those of us looking to book.

We're also booked on Pride but I expect that we'll change, although it's a great ship.

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

We enjoyed Music Degree also (we were on Fantasy last week of Jan). We saw them first at the deck party, and they were okay, but we were really impressed when we saw them in the lounge. They played Rush, Queen, Journey (gotta fight thru those tough times, LOL!), etc. This was the last night of the cruise, and we had a private show through almost their first set.

We also enjoyed them in the production show.

These guys are a very close second to Blood Power, who remains our favorite Carnival band!! We have often joked about finding out where Blood Power is and picking our next cruise in that way. :p

Black Jack Band on Dream in Feb 2011 were great. A little corny but great.

On the Miracle, Music Boardwalk were a lot of fun (esp the pianist). Unfortunately after a couple days a lot of people figured out they were really good and the lounge (Frankie n Johnys) became to smokey to enjoy.

You want the best music on a cruise? Try a sixthman cruise. Expensive, but 30 real-touring bands!

Ok, I haven't been on one yet (leave in 8 days), but from everything I hear, it is the best thing ever :)

One of the guys I work with is also the head of security at our local arena.

He was already asked and going to work security for the 311 cruise.

Was standing in his office Tuesday, when he got the call to work the Kid Rock cruise coming up.

Said they get free cabin and only have to work during the scheduled concerts and signings.

The rest of the time is theirs. (bands already have their own 24/7 guards)

Tough work if you can get it.

Bill

I agree with Ruby - Sixthman cruises will spoil you forever. Ruby - you will LOVE the Rockboat - see you in a week!

Ok... So we've got :

Music Degree on the Fantasy, which I will serious follow for our early Sept cruise choice.

Boardwalk - on Dream...Great folks, saw them last year.

Bloodpower -on the Magic??? still there?

Music Manilla -on The Splendor?

Please correct or add especially those who just returned.

Thanks...

Mike

Gotta go check prices on Fantasy:D

I Saw Rock Asia On The Sensation 3 times and really liked them, they could play nearly everything quite well. (2006, 2008 & 2009)

We really enjoyed Music Asia on two cruises. They were on the Splendor May 2011. I heard their contract was up and they were taking a break for a few months and not sure which ship they would be on for the next contract. I asked on Carnival forum if anyone had seen them and didn't get a reply.

Another vote for Music Degree!

Curious who is on the Conquest right now??? Anybody just off that ship?