Cave tubing question -

DuncNCinc

For anyone who has been cave tubing with cave-tubing dot com: Is there a required 12' jump into the river?!

Someone told me that there is, but after combing over the web site and not seeing anything about it I thought I'd come to the experts!

Thank you!

We went with .bz. There was not a 12' jump into the river. All of the compaines were getting into the river at the same place. We walked down a slight hill and put the tube in the river and hopped up onto the tube. The guides helped if needed. Sort of like getting into an innertube in a lazy river at a water park (minus the trees, caves and guides to help you)

We also went with cavetubing.bz. The jump in is definitely not required. Our guide did not give us the option because he said he has seen people get hurt, but some companies do allow it. As the above poster said, all the companies go to the same place. At the beginning you walk across the river, and then you have a 40-ish minute walk upriver to where you tube. Then you tube back to the same place you started. If you want to jump in, it is at the beginning before you walk upriver. (I think most companies would do it before, but I suppose since you begin and end at the same place you could do it after.) The place where you actually get in the river on your tube, you just wade in and sit down.

Hope that helps. We loved cave tubing!

For anyone who has been cave tubing with cave-tubing dot com: Is there a required 12' jump into the river?!

Someone told me that there is, but after combing over the web site and not seeing anything about it I thought I'd come to the experts!

Thank you!

NO there is not.

vtwiggy, we are booked with .bz at the end of March. How did you like your tour? We considered viv because of the headrests and not linking feet, but decided .bz sounded like it fit what we were looking for a little more, plus they have great reviews. How much time did you have when you got back to port before you had to get on the ship?

We went with .BZ in Nov. I organized a group of 18 from our roll call. We wasted a lot of time waiting for some of the group to get off of the ship. Even with the time we spent waiting, we had at least 1.5 hours when we got back to the port area. If we had done it just our family, we would have gone directly out of the port area, where all of the different tour companies are waiting, and right into a van to drive to the cave area. Our group had a bus, so we waited about 45 minutes for the rest of the group. When we got back to the port, we had plenty of time to shop both outside and inside the port. We still got back in plenty of time.

vtwiggy, we are booked with .bz at the end of March. How did you like your tour? We considered viv because of the headrests and not linking feet, but decided .bz sounded like it fit what we were looking for a little more, plus they have great reviews. How much time did you have when you got back to port before you had to get on the ship?

.bz is a great company to use. We absolutely loved our time with them and enjoyed the day. Here is my review with a link for pictures at the bottom: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

Thank you!

no jump you go down a hill, and to a dock and fall in your tube backwards, i just did this and im pregnant, it was fine,,

the walking to get there though, its about 45min in the jungle,, i thought i wasnt gonna make it

Archived