Thomson Spirit & Flam 2013

I just remembered that about a year ago someone in Norway kindly informed us that the Thomson Spirit was in Norway for 2012.

Here is the link for Flam 2013.

http://aurlandhavn.no/en/cruise/skipsanlop-2013/

We all know things can change, especially when considering possible changes to the Thomson cruise ships covered on another excellent thread , so dont get you hopes up too much!

28 Fre 31.5 Thomson Spirit 08.00-18.00 Anker ECS Kristiansund Newcastle 215.0 m 33 930 1400

37 Fre 7.6 Thomson Spirit 09.00-18.00 Anker ECS Olden Newcastle 215.0 m 33 930 1400

56 To 27.6 Thomson Spirit 08.00-17.00 Kai ECS Skjolden Newcastle 215.0 m 33 930 1400

70 Ma 15.7 Thomson Spirit 08.00-17.00 Kai ECS Newcastle Ålesund 215.0 m 33 930 1400

80 Ma 22.7 Thomson Spirit 08.00-17.00 Kai ECS Newcastle Bergen 215.0 m 33 930 1400

95 Ty 6.8 Thomson Spirit 08.00-18.00 Anker ECS Stavanger Hellesylt 215.0 m 33 930 1400

121 On 11.9 Thomson Spirit 08.00-18.00 Kai ECS Bergen Skjolden 215.0 m 33 930 1400

Hope you find this interesting.

Len

Cheers Len! :D

Glad Thomson have decided to continue with the ex-UK cruises, and glad that it looks like Thomson Spirit will be sailing again in summer 2013. But as you say, with the changes that look like could be implemented soon with the cruise ships, who knows what next year might bring? :confused:

Let's hope we get some confirmation soon as would love to do Thomson Spirit next year around the Norwegian fjords.

Just to add for summer 2013, currently, Thomson Dream's down to be back sailing from Palma on Saturday's from 04 May till 26 Oct. It's also down to be calling at Gibraltar on 27 May, 24 Jun, 22 Jul and 16 Sep (must be for Moorish Delights).

Island Escape's sailing from Palma on Tuesdays between 26 Mar and 29 Oct. Also down to call at Gibraltar on 13 Jun, 11 Jul, 05 Sep and 03 Oct and calling at Malaga on 15 Jun, 13 Jul, 07 Sep and 05 Oct.

No idea though on Thomson Destiny and Thomson Celebration. But, would probably bet on these dates changing though.

Just to add for summer 2013, currently, Thomson Dream's down to be back sailing from Palma on Saturday's from 04 May till 26 Oct. It's also down to be calling at Gibraltar on 27 May, 24 Jun, 22 Jul and 16 Sep (must be for Moorish Delights).

Island Escape's sailing from Palma on Tuesdays between 26 Mar and 29 Oct. Also down to call at Gibraltar on 13 Jun, 11 Jul, 05 Sep and 03 Oct and calling at Malaga on 15 Jun, 13 Jul, 07 Sep and 05 Oct.

No idea though on Thomson Destiny and Thomson Celebration. But, would probably bet on these dates changing though.

Or Majesty!!!!! :D

Thanks for that though - gives us a bit of 'inside info'. Well done Agents 'S' and 'L' ! ;)

[/b]

Or Majesty!!!!! :D

Thanks for that though - gives us a bit of 'inside info'. Well done Agents 'S' and 'L' ! ;)

Of course, forgot about Thomson Majesty! :)

Although, everything seems to have gone rather quiet about that... Would have thought if it's going to replace Thomson Destiny itineraries for this winter, those that have already booked need to be told.

Good to see that Thomson are cruising from the UK in 2013. I have my eye on a Baltic cruise but will it be Thomson, P&O or another line?

I think when you come to check Dave you will stick with Thomsons as all the other companies I've looked at only do about 2/3rd of the ports in the same length cruise. I think they must issue oars on departure:eek:.

I know Thomson Spirit is returning Harwich August 2012, but I cannot see any sailings for Thomsons from Harwich in 2013, Newcastle but not Harwich.

Oh no! Is that because the whole season is operating from Newcastle or that they haven't yet published the Harwich Port details for 2013 yet?

Oh no! Is that because the whole season is operating from Newcastle or that they haven't yet published the Harwich Port details for 2013 yet?

Looking at the Flam's cruise schedule for 2013 it does mention that Spirit is going to/from Newcastle on sailings till the end of July. After that Newcastle's not mentioned, which would suggest another homeport. If it's not Harwich, perhaps Southampton? Or will they try Liverpool again? Liverpool's cruise terminal has been in the media a lot lately, with the ambition to expand it and Fred Olsen resuming cruises from there.

Looking at the Flam's cruise schedule for 2013 it does mention that Spirit is going to/from Newcastle on sailings till the end of July. After that Newcastle's not mentioned, which would suggest another homeport. If it's not Harwich, perhaps Southampton? Or will they try Liverpool again? Liverpool's cruise terminal has been in the media a lot lately, with the ambition to expand it and Fred Olsen resuming cruises from there.

Oh that's a relief! At least itlooks like there's something a bit closer for us. (Not that we don't like the N.E. - we've spent many happy holidays there but it a very long drive for us now we've moved.) I've researched going from Newcastle this year for either Fire and Ice or the North Cape but the logistics are a bit off-putting; flying or train is quite expensive plus an overnight - also transfers to/from airport and train at both ends of the journey - we could much more easily travel from Southampton, albeit, sadly not on Thomson. At least the Baltics is on offer from Harwich this year so we may think of doing that. I'm hoping they may be increasing the itinerary choice from Harwich next year - not reducing/eliminating it!

Oh that's a relief! At least itlooks like there's something a bit closer for us. (Not that we don't like the N.E. - we've spent many happy holidays there but it a very long drive for us now we've moved.) I've researched going from Newcastle this year for either Fire and Ice or the North Cape but the logistics are a bit off-putting; flying or train is quite expensive plus an overnight - also transfers to/from airport and train at both ends of the journey - we could much more easily travel from Southampton, albeit, sadly not on Thomson. At least the Baltics is on offer from Harwich this year so we may think of doing that. I'm hoping they may be increasing the itinerary choice from Harwich next year - not reducing/eliminating it!

I don't know about Harwich, because I'm not checking from there, but the UK trips from Newcastle are selling really well. Not much availability left at all, especially when you compare them with the Med. So I wouldn't think they'll be reduced next year.

I don't know about Harwich, because I'm not checking from there, but the UK trips from Newcastle are selling really well. Not much availability left at all, especially when you compare them with the Med. So I wouldn't think they'll be reduced next year.

I'm not surprised Newcastle sells well - so much more convenient for the North and Scotland. Also, since it's a couple of years since they were sailing out of Newcastle, there's probably a bit of a rush of people who have been missing this option.

Sincerely hope the Spirit is sailing out of Newcastle 2012, we are booked for a 6 night Norway/Fjords cruise at this time, later in the summer it sails from Harwich for an 8 night Norwegian cruise.

Sincerely hope the Spirit is sailing out of Newcastle 2012, we are booked for a 6 night Norway/Fjords cruise at this time, later in the summer it sails from Harwich for an 8 night Norwegian cruise.

No changes for this summer (that we know of anyway :)). Hoping it will be there again next year as would love to do Norwegian fjords on the Spirit in 2013.

Archived