Muster Drill

lkmamom

I have a question, and tried to research this but could not find the answer so I hope you will bear with me. Our ship is scheduled to leave port at 7pm.( from Civitavecchia). Since we have not left port at that hour before, just curious, when will the muster drill be completed, and will the dinner times be changed? Thank you for your help! Very excited about our cruise!!

Linda

I have a question, and tried to research this but could not find the answer so I hope you will bear with me. Our ship is scheduled to leave port at 7pm.( from Civitavecchia). Since we have not left port at that hour before, just curious, when will the muster drill be completed, and will the dinner times be changed? Thank you for your help! Very excited about our cruise!!

Linda

In light of the recent Costa Concordia tragedy, industry-wide changes have been implemented requiring that all ships hold muster drills before leaving port.

A few years back when we left Seward at 8:00p on the Statendam our muster drill was held the next morning, but since the Concordia incident (hard for me to call it an "accident") the industry has tightened the rules. I suspect you might have an on-board time of maybe 4:00p, and a drill before normal dinner hours.

Assuming it's a HAL ship, you will do muster drill just before departure. No drill - no sail.

Don't know about dinner although it sounds like a vote for AYWD. And isn't that just like a cruiser - worrying about getting fed!

Haha, yep.....not so much an issue for me but more for the hungry fellas in my family. We have just not experienced this yet on all of our cruises and wondered how they would handle this. Thanks!

Linda

Just in case, you will be 'listening' for the term 'Muster' or 'Muster Drill' when you are onboard; the name has been changed to 'Passenger Emergency Drill'! ;)

Archived