Help!

oceanfreaks

:) Hello there! My dear friend and her husband are going on a retirement cruise in May!!! They will be on the Grand leaving from Venice. I told her about all you wonderful people with lots of advice (you helped me out so much last year with my cruise to the western carribbean!) She has two main questions, but may have more as it gets closer.

1. What is the best way to get from the Venice airport to the ship?

2. How can she get to Florence from the ship without booking an excursion through princess?

Thank you so much in advance!

I would take the Princess transfers from the airport to the ship. They really make it so easy by transporting your luggage for you.

You can get to Florence via the train, but that takes some planning and Italian train workers have been known to go on strike without notice.

Princess offers a coach only "on your own" shore excursion to Florence. You take the Princess coach, get a great bit of history on the area from the guide and get dropped off right outside the city. You then have the day to explore on your own and at the end of the day meet the same coach for the return trip to the ship.

Archived