The Bon Voyage "Wow"

musicgal

My husband was asking me about charges on the credit card statement that he didn't understand last night when he brought up the $130-plus Bon Voyage charge for our June cruise. When I told him it was for our stateroom bar on the ship, he said "Wow, that much?"

Didn't have the heart to tell him I bought it before prices went UP:eek:

I agree, he should know how much you saved! Sadly my friends just ordered their liquor today and had to pay the new prices, (luckily I heard the rumors from these wonderful boards, ordered early and saved $50).:) Still, the new prices are a better deal than buying individual drinks on the ship.

I think you should tell him and show him how much you saved!

He always thinks I am kidding (sort of) when I tell him how much I save on a regular basis by just paying attention to the underground info of life:p He's taken advantage of that knowledge though on several recent shopping excursions though. I have favorite stores for vacation clothes and coats, etc. Just introduced him to the Davy Jone's Locker of golf clothes around the corner from our house. All of the country clubs must send all of their stuff over there when no one buys it... who could blame them- $129 for a golf shirt full price:confused:

I agree, he should know how much you saved! Sadly my friends just ordered their liquor today and had to pay the new prices, (luckily I heard the rumors from these wonderful boards, ordered early and saved $50).:) Still, the new prices are a better deal than buying individual drinks on the ship.

Yes, you are so right. Even at the heightend prices, the convenience of being able to mix a drink in the room without having to wait at the bar- is very nice.

My husband was asking me about charges on the credit card statement that he didn't understand last night when he brought up the $130-plus Bon Voyage charge for our June cruise. When I told him it was for our stateroom bar on the ship, he said "Wow, that much?"

Didn't have the heart to tell him I bought it before prices went UP:eek:

New cruiser question here - What is the stateroom bar? Is that the mini fridge that comes in your room? I thought that was a pay as you go thing. Very interested in this ...

New cruiser question here - What is the stateroom bar? Is that the mini fridge that comes in your room? I thought that was a pay as you go thing. Very interested in this ...

This was a case of the OP just meaning their "personal" drinks table in their own cabin.

There is a mini bar in the frig in some of the cabins and that is "pay for it if you drink it bar"

An early BV WOW!!! is soooooooooooooooooo much better than a painful S&S bill. Last month my S&S was $26.00. And If I didn't buy a pitcher of the new Carnival beer, it could have been better. Just had to try it though.

For us, in our particular room, the bar area to which I'm referring is a ledge that contains glasses (they usually provide us with wine glasses) and whatever wine you bring on or order. The ledge will also hold liquor bottles, so you have in effect- a little bar setup.

As to the refrigerator situation- we've had suites before and did not use the fridge nor the contents of the fridge. It does not really get cool- it is better to chill your wine in an ice bucket. We have a small fabric cooler for this purpose, as large coolers are not allowed onboard.

An early BV WOW!!! is soooooooooooooooooo much better than a painful S&S bill. Last month my S&S was $26.00. And If I didn't buy a pitcher of the new Carnival beer, it could have been better. Just had to try it though.

Yep- in another universe, we'd be spending lots more on our S&S. But burning lots of calories going back and forth from the bar-:rolleyes:

Archived