Port Canaveral Excursions

Cruisin' Again 86

•What type of clothing should be worn for Treetop Trek?

Closed toed shoes must be worn to experience any of the courses. Treetop Trek admission will be denied if proper shoes are not worn. We also recommend that shorts be at least mid-thigh for comfort when wearing the harness and that longer hair is tied back.

I'd add that you probably don't want baggy clothes; the staff uniform is a Columbia Fishing Gear type shirt and cargo shorts with decent athletic shoes. Long pants and a sweat shirt if it is a cooler day.

I want to do multiple things but don't want to pay a cab 5pp each time, that could get pricey. Is anyone familiar with the SCAT shuttle which cost 1.00? they won't pick up at the port they said , but they go around the town, beach?

I want to do multiple things but don't want to pay a cab 5pp each time, that could get pricey. Is anyone familiar with the SCAT shuttle which cost 1.00? they won't pick up at the port they said , but they go around the town, beach?

I would not use the local bus system around here as it is very slow, and starting around $60 for a rental car, which is cheaper than a taxi and faster than a bus to go to the zoo for the zipline. If you just want to go to the beach, you can catch a taxi to Jetty Park, which is a very nice beach located at the port.

My family and I are considering the Carnival Miracle's 8 day cruise out of New York in January 2013 which stops in Port Canaveral from 7am-7pm. Is it possible to fit in a day at Disney World from 9am-5pm?? How long is the drive??

Totally possible to fit a day at Disney, you just got to be one of the first ones off the ship if you are renting a car. The drive is about one hour from the port to Disney World. If you dont rent a car, you will have to find a van or bus to take you. I recommend buying tickets in advance to maximize your time. You just have to decide what park you want to go to.

Totally possible to fit a day at Disney, you just got to be one of the first ones off the ship if you are renting a car. The drive is about one hour from the port to Disney World. If you dont rent a car, you will have to find a van or bus to take you. I recommend buying tickets in advance to maximize your time. You just have to decide what park you want to go to.

excellent!! We're likely going to book the Miracle. Sailing out of New York(or New Jersey) is so nice for my family & I.

The Space center is now $68.00 each and not much to see anymore. Shuttle is gone now so one less thing to see now. The air boat rides on the St. Johns River Lone Cabbage Fish Camp are about 30 mins long for around $20.00-22.00. Lots of gators to see up close. Or fishing boats at Jetty Park some are for 4 hours I think.

The Space center is now $68.00 each and not much to see anymore. Shuttle is gone now so one less thing to see now. The air boat rides on the St. Johns River Lone Cabbage Fish Camp are about 30 mins long for around $20.00-22.00. Lots of gators to see up close. Or fishing boats at Jetty Park some are for 4 hours I think.

That is expensive! at least brevard county residents get in for free one weekend in September. If you want to see gators or any florida wildlife, just come to my backyard.. :)

you can try City Walk outside of the Universal parks for some shopping, lunch, etc. They usually have some kind of entertainment going on too.

There is a great water park in Orlando too Wet and Wild I think. Not sure how warm the water will be. The beach at Canaveral is GROSS!

you can try City Walk outside of the Universal parks for some shopping, lunch, etc. They usually have some kind of entertainment going on too.

There is a great water park in Orlando too Wet and Wild I think. Not sure how warm the water will be. The beach at Canaveral is GROSS!

Is cocoa cay gross also? I know its the Atlantic and not the Caribbean or Southwest Golf,but I understand that. How gross is gross? LOL

Is cocoa cay gross also? I know its the Atlantic and not the Caribbean or Southwest Golf,but I understand that. How gross is gross? LOL

If you're referring to Coco Cay, Coco Cay and Cocoa Beach might as well be two different worlds! Cocoa Beach is in Florida's Atlantic coast. The beaches aren't the cleanest, the water isn't clear, no snorkeling, the sand is dark and brown, it just isn't an attracting place. Living here in FL, if I had to choose my least favorite beach in FL that I've been to, Cocoa Beach would take home the prize. Sorry, it just isn't my favorite. Coco Cay, even though it's technically the Atlantic Ocean, it's the BAHAMAS! :D The water is crystal clear, sand is white as milk, the beaches are beautiful, and you can snorkel too. Even though I haven't been to Coco Cay, the beaches at Nassau left me breathless. Simply do a Google search on both places and you'll see just how different these two beaches are. Coco Cay and Cocoa Beach are incomparable. I wouldn't label Cocoa Beach as gross, it was just disappointing. :(

If you're referring to Coco Cay, Coco Cay and Cocoa Beach might as well be two different worlds! Cocoa Beach is in Florida's Atlantic coast. The beaches aren't the cleanest, the water isn't clear, no snorkeling, the sand is dark and brown, it just isn't an attracting place. Living here in FL, if I had to choose my least favorite beach in FL that I've been to, Cocoa Beach would take home the prize. Sorry, it just isn't my favorite. Coco Cay, even though it's technically the Atlantic Ocean, it's the BAHAMAS! :D The water is crystal clear, sand is white as milk, the beaches are beautiful, and you can snorkel too. Even though I haven't been to Coco Cay, the beaches at Nassau left me breathless. Simply do a Google search on both places and you'll see just how different these two beaches are. Coco Cay and Cocoa Beach are incomparable. I wouldn't label Cocoa Beach as gross, it was just disappointing. :(

Ok , I understand. Now what to do in Port of Cocoa Beach? I think we may just shop? Is there a shuttle that will take us from the Port? I don't really want to pay a cab for 5 pp each way. That is 50.00. Cheaper to rent a car!

Ok , I understand. Now what to do in Port of Cocoa Beach? I think we may just shop? Is there a shuttle that will take us from the Port? I don't really want to pay a cab for 5 pp each way. That is 50.00. Cheaper to rent a car!

There is no Port of Cocoa Beach, Cocoa beach is south of Port Canaveral. The beach is not gross, it is just not the Caribbean. Your best bet would be to rent a car if you want to do something that they do not have a shuttle to. I believe there is no shuttle to Jetty Park, but I may be wrong. And as I stated earlier, the best beaches are the ones south of Cocoa Beach, as Cocoa beach can get very crowded!

The water and sand are brown. You cannot look down and see your feet because it is dirty. There are a lot of industrial areas around, and NASA. I am petrified of polutants in that water. I don't get in past my ankles.

Coco Cay is clear and pretty. This is a private island. The ships don't even port there, you have to take a ferry from the ship. The water is clean. If you go to the little pier and take cherrios or your leftover bread from lunch, you will see hundreds of tropical fish! Beautiful!

There are some really affordable excursions on halfoffdepot and groupon.

i purchased a boat 2 hour nature cruise for $14. There was other stuff like horseback riding, zipline, kayaking, deep sea fishing... too

Rent a car and drive around! You can stop at the beach, go to Lone Cabbage to take an airboat ride (for a fraction of the cruise excursion) and then hit Wally world for any supplies you may need. I just rented a car for the 20th of March for $32 and that includes tax!

Looking for ideas for Port Canaveral excursions' date=' i would like to visit Islands Of Adventure, but we don't get into port until 10am, so we would probably not get to the park until noon. But the cruise is in April and we have huge concerns about crowds and whether it would be worth it or not ??So that is why I am looking for something else to do with ( 2 ) 17 year olds.[/color']

April = Spring Break for many, so your concerns are justified. Here are some other ideas:

1. Brevard Zoo

2. A 2-hour boat ride on the Indian River Lagoon with Island Boat Lines http://www.islandboatlines.com/Home_Page.php

3. An airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

Of course, you'll need a rental car for any of these.

There are some really affordable excursions on halfoffdepot and groupon.

i purchased a boat 2 hour nature cruise for $14. There was other stuff like horseback riding, zipline, kayaking, deep sea fishing... too

I get groupons in my area, Washington DC and Annapolis? Do I have to look at Canaveral Florida groupons to see their specials your talking about?

I get groupons in my area, Washington DC and Annapolis? Do I have to look at Canaveral Florida groupons to see their specials your talking about?

You would have to look at the Orlando ones. Like I previously stated along with others, a rental car would be your cheapest option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Captain....from a new coastie mom. LOL I am a travel agent looking for something for 2 young clients to do in Port Canaveral and the zoo and zipline option sound great. How far is it from the ship?? Best way to get there?? Any help would be great. my personal email is vacationsbykelly@aol.com Thaks so much.

For the record

Tree Top Trek is a WORKOUT and something not to be approached casually

I work part time at the zoo in the 'attractions' department (choo choo train engineer)

A routine event at TTT is assisting adults off the Challenge course when they decide they have had enough (usually involving tall ladders and lowering ropes)

We're now seeing folks buy season passes and showing up multiple times a week using this in place of a gym . . .

Archived