Two Seattle Restaurants that were terrific

aohkay

My DD and I went to Seattle for a shopping/ girls weekend. We enjoyed 2 restaurants so much, that I thought I should post them here. Both are in the d/t area. Depending on where you are staying, it maybe a quick cab ride to The Purple Onion Cafe & Wine Bar (located across the street from The Fairmont Hotel). Bacco Bistro is 1 block up from Pikes Market on Pine.

http://www.thepurplecafe.com/index.html

The Purple Onion Cafe & Wine Bar was packed all night long on a Sat night.

HINT: You can go stright upstairs and sit at the bar (there's a a few tables too) without waiting in the lineup. If you want to have dinner in the dining room, reservations are recommended.

My DD had the Cranberry Chisken Salad...she said her 1/2 portion was a bit on the small side ($10).

I had the Gorgonzola Fig Pizza. It was delicious and at $13, I thought it was a good deal. Wine by the glass starts at $8.50

The next day we went to Bacco Bistro for breakfast. It's a small bistro and they serve breakfast all day. We didn't have to wait for a table (9:15 am), but it did fill up quickly soon after and they were lined up out the door!

http://www.baccocafe.net/

My DD customized her own Omelet ($12) which looked very good. I had the traditional bacon & eggs ($11), also very good. The Brioche French Toast looked very yummy! Huge mugs of coffee and great service.

Archived