10-Day New England And Canadian Maritimes

tgh

There are two of these on the Sojourn both 10 nights.

One Montreal > Boston and one t'other way.

There is a thousand dollar difference in the V fares.

As far as I can work out here at the bottom of the world.. the best fall colours will be the later (cheaper) cruise Boston > Montreal , departing on the 9th .

Is this price difference just a local issue with holiday time.. or am I missing something important that I should know before booking.

Any help /advice much appreciated

before my move to FL>..a week or 2 never seemed to matter much with fall colors,,but earlier date would probably have a "little"warmer weather,,,only thing I can think of...will probably do cheaper one. Don t like cold weather,,at all,,even Fall temps too cool for me. Still in planning stage right now..give a review when you get back..mine won t be till following yr.;)

tgh. I would imagine the price difference is just "dates" As a Canadian I concur with the other posters fall colours last quite a long time. I will be getting off in Montreal so know that the 2 trips must be the first 3 weeks of Oct. great time for that area just make sure you pack a few layers. ie.

l/s shirts, light weight fleeces, light scarves possibly gloves, and a rain jacket and you will be all set for any weather.

Just remembered if I am right the itinery is slightly different for both cruises, happened to see them a few weeks ago, so that could be the reason for price difference.

TGH, We cruised on the Sojourn October 9th 2011 and the fall colours were spectacular and the weather was fantastic. We were in Bar Harbor about a week later and the colours still fantastic.

Thanks heaps , everyone, for the feedback.

I understand that fall is a lottery.. but I still have no idea why sb have the pricing like it is.

Anyway.. should be a nice holiday .. pity about the 20 hour flight to get there.

We have already seen Montreal and Quebec in December.. any other wonderful must sees for an extra week or so driving around the inland areas ?

There are two of these on the Sojourn both 10 nights.

One Montreal > Boston and one t'other way.

There is a thousand dollar difference in the V fares.

As far as I can work out here at the bottom of the world.. the best fall colours will be the later (cheaper) cruise Boston > Montreal , departing on the 9th .

Is this price difference just a local issue with holiday time.. or am I missing something important that I should know before booking.

Any help /advice much appreciated

The reason could be many people will have booked through from Copenhagen or London to Boston on the previous cruise.

Just looked at the main seabourn euro quoted.

Montreal to Boston approx 4,600 V5 only 6 catergories left

Boston to Montreal approx 4,200 V5 11 or 12 catergories left.

I know the Copenhagen/London leg is almost full, has been for months.

So she may be quite empty at Boston and looking for lucky pax!

If you take the Boston to Montreal cruise and can fly back out of Toronto I would suggest rent a car and drive from Montreal to Toronto. You will have great drive and a whole week to see all sorts of things including fall colours on the way.

Why do I read these boards? TGH, I hope you book the Oct. 9 cruise, because your post inspired us to do so! We hadn't even thought of it before!

then look on CC,,and get the bug for another cruise....like reading "1000 places to see before you die"...sort of what's next???

Want to take this one in 2013 ,,,completely booked this year,,,May riverboat to Prague and Budapest,,,Dec..Vietnam and Cambodia...and just returned from Norway...this cruise thing is FUN,,,and ADDICTIVE,,,reading CC is like a "fix" for me...whew....glad I m not alone...

then look on CC,,and get the bug for another cruise....like reading "1000 places to see before you die"...sort of what's next???

Want to take this one in 2013 ,,,completely booked this year,,,May riverboat to Prague and Budapest,,,Dec..Vietnam and Cambodia...and just returned from Norway...this cruise thing is FUN,,,and ADDICTIVE,,,reading CC is like a "fix" for me...whew....glad I m not alone...

Right up there with wine:D

Archived