Summit changed my mind - already counting down to next year!

Jborosara

Just returned last Saturday from an amazing week in the Southern Caribbean on the new Summit. In truth, hubby and I had decided that we were going to do something different next year - maybe a cruise on the Brilliance that went to Tortola - maybe a land based resort, but probably not on the Summit (this was our second year on the Summit) and probably not even on Celebrity. Not because we didn't like Celebrity, but there was just something missing. Come to find out, that something was the food. For us, AQ and Blu were totally worth it - we're hooked and we'll be back!

We flew in a day early to San Juan - next year we will fly in two days early. I tried for literally the better part of a year to make a one night reservation at the Sheraton OSJ - they weren't having it. So to get the one night rezzie, we booked through Celebrity. The service was nice and the room was fine, but no view and not really worth nearly 200 bucks per person - especially not worth the dough when the transfer was only for a particular time (1PM), so we ended up not using it anyway. But honestly, it was worth the extra 20 bucks to have a day to spend in OSJ just walking around, going to the fort, having lunch somewhere that just looked interesting, and taking lots of pics.... see a few below!

Archived