Fantasy--Behind the fun tour?

crzycick

Has anybody done the behind the fun tour in the last year or so? I was wondering what the cost was, length, and if you felt it was worth it. Also I read about some of the longer tours having lots of goodies, anything included with the Fantasy? Goodies might make the price easier to take. :D

Have not done the Fantasy in the last year but did the Fascination(Sister ship to the Fantasy) Behind the Scenes Tour a couple of months ago. The tour took about 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours. The cost was $55pp. The goodies we received was a baseball cap, a lanyard, a recipe for chocolate melting cake, and chocolate covered strawberries.

Would I do it again, no, but glad I did it once.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

My husband just did this tour on our recent Freedom cruise. It was $95 and lasted just over 3 hours. They walked over 3 miles, including up and down a lot of very narrow stairs. He loved it and hopes to do it again on the Conquest next year with his brother-in-law.

He received 3 photos (the larger size). Two were of his group (they took 2 groups of 16 each) and the third was of him and the captain with the tiny ship's steering wheel between them.

He also received a baseball-style cap, Carnival backpack, wrist bracelet, "Behind the Fun" lanyard, hand-carved soap (this is what they practice on, before carving actual ice sculptures), a fact sheet (and on the back was the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake). And when we got back to the room there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies waiting for us.

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

Does the price vary by ship? If so, has anyone done this on the Liberty recently and what was the price?

Thanks,

Fantasy class ships are $55, all others are $95.

$55-1 photo, 1 ball, 1 plate strawberries, 1 lanyard, 1 bracelet (2-2.5 hrs)

$95- 3 photos, 1 cap, 1 backpack, 1 lanyard, 1 plate strawberries/cookies, 1 bracelet (3 hrs)

Photos are 8x10s.

Dave

$95- 3 photos, 1 cap, 1 backpack, 1 lanyard, 1 plate strawberries/cookies, 1 bracelet (3 hrs)

Photos are 8x10s.

Dave

Thank You! :)

We did the one on Fantasy this past December. It was $55pp and lasted 2 1/2 hours. They had snacks before we left and when we returned. We got to keep our lanyard and received our ballcap. Later in the room we received 1 plate of chocolate covered strawberries. At dinner, the tour guide delivered a photo each for my DH and myself. It was interesting and tiring. Go and enjoy!:)

• 1 year later...

Not quite.

The tour is $55 on ships without a steakhouse, and $95 on ships with a steakhouse. Hence Victory, which is a much bigger ship than the Fantasy class, is sort-of a bargain at $55.

Photos are 8x10s.

It's weird how this varies. On Liberty we got a group photo on the bow by the ship's bell as well as the bridge pics (group and individual with the captain).

A lot also depends on your tour host and on the ships' representatives in each area you stop at. Oddly enough of the three BtF tours I've done, the one on Imagination -- at $55 -- was probably the best overall.