Ships in Brisbane last Saturday?

Bec84

Hey guys

We were camping on Moreton Island last weekend, and on Saturday night saw 3 cruise ships go past our camp site. We're fairly sure at least one of them was the Pacific Dawn (the first one at about 5pm), the second one we think was Rhapsody of the Seas (an hour or two later), but then a third one came through in the dark with all its lights on - does anyone know what boats were coming out of the Port of Brisbane on Saturday?

We missed the Queen Mary by 12 hours.

Hey guys

We were camping on Moreton Island last weekend, and on Saturday night saw 3 cruise ships go past our camp site. We're fairly sure at least one of them was the Pacific Dawn (the first one at about 5pm), the second one we think was Rhapsody of the Seas (an hour or two later), but then a third one came through in the dark with all its lights on - does anyone know what boats were coming out of the Port of Brisbane on Saturday?

We missed the Queen Mary by 12 hours.

Heres the cruise shipping schedule for Brisbane...

http://www.portbris.com.au/shippingoperations/shippingschedule

It only shows 2 ships for Saturday, Pacific Dawn and Rhapsody , so I dont know who the third one could be.?

Heres the cruise shipping schedule for Brisbane...

http://www.portbris.com.au/shippingoperations/shippingschedule

It only shows 2 ships for Saturday, Pacific Dawn and Rhapsody , so I dont know who the third one could be.?

The third one might have been Aurora arriving in the very early hours of Sunday morning?? She picked up the pilot off Caloundra at 3.15 AM

The third one might have been Aurora arriving in the very early hours of Sunday morning?? She picked up the pilot off Caloundra at 3.15 AM

Nope, we were in bed by 10, they headed north at 5pm, 7pm and probably 8-9pm. The first one I missed, but my boyfriend said it looked like the Dawn. Second one we got photos of and it's definitely the Rhapsody (right on sunset)...third one might have been the Dawn and he mistook the first. I remember last time we camped there the Dawn came through in the dark, however it was May at that point so sunset is earlier.

I wonder what it was...they were only a couple of hundred meters away from us so I doubt my bf confused the first one for something else. Especially as it was in clear daylight. The second and third were definitely cruise ships.

...looking at that schedule, the Dawn came first, Rhapsody second, which was what we thought. The third one was definitely a cruise ship - we had a container ship go past a little while later and they were very different looking. I wish I'd gotten my camera out and taken some shots now. I couldn't be bothered getting up, changing lenses and finding my tripod in the dark at the time. Queen Mary we missed.

There wasn't someone in dry dock that had to get out was there?

Hi Bec

Your b/f was correct, the first cruise ship was Pacific Dawn, followed by Rhapsody of the Seas (confirmed by playing back the tracking details for 18/2/2012 17.00-21.00 on shipfinder.co for Moreton Bay).

Whilst nothing else showed up on the radar, it may have been the Tahiti-based cruise ship Paul Gauguin which was recently in Brisbane for a refit at the Forgacs Cairncross drydock in February.

Link attached: http://www.cruise-community.com/News/News-Headlines/Paul-Gauguin-completes-$7m-renovation.html

Archived