B-2-B: QM2, S'ampton/NY, 5/22 after Golden Princess, 14 day NY/S'ampton on 5/8!

aaannnthony

aaanthony, no I'm not doing the B2B....but I have sailed on the Golden Princess and I do hope you have excellent weather...I'm affraid she's not what you'd call a great 'sea-boat' - and even in a mild swell she shudders quite badly as waves hit her flat prow.....but at least you'll have your QM2 trip to look forward to!:)

Thanks guernseyguy, but, we've had experience on the Golden.....we did the famous crossing in September, 2002, the 15 dayer that started in Venice. We had two separate days of Force 10's, the Captain had to alter course several times, we had seven "blown" windows on promenade deck, and, we arrived in New York near noon time, about six hours late. But, that's part of the fun for experienced transatlantic cruisers!

we've had experience on the Golden.....two separate days of Force 10's, the Captain had to alter course several times, arrived in New York six hours late. But, that's part of the fun for experienced transatlantic cruisers!

aaanthony, ah yes, thats the difference between crossing on a liner & cruising on a cruise ship....I've had dreadful weather on both the QE2 and the Caronia....and both times arrived on time. Thats part of the fun for experienced transatlantic crossers!:)

Peter

Peter, it doesn't matter to us, we just love sea days and crossings.

We crossed on the last leg of QE2's World Cruise in 2003 and experienced about 18 hours of a Force 10, and, yes, she bounced around quite a bit as well, so bad that an Irish dancers show was cancelled that evening.

Archived