Montego Bay

Poseidon Patty

So many different kinds of experiences- you really might want to read throught the Jamaica threads. We go next month and are taking the bottom one of these http://www.jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm gotten wonderful reviews. But there are ziplines and waterfalls and river floats- so many depending on what you are interested in.

we are going in August and are booking the all inclusive beach break $60 pre adult and $30 per kid, it includes all u can drink, snacks and full buffet lunch, swim up bar, waterslide, beach, snorkeling gear, etc, search you will find nort sure if i can post the exact excursion place

We did a day pass at Sunset Beach.

We did Sunset Beach as well and were happy with it. We have kids and really didn't like the idea of running around Jamaica with them. It was a nice, clean, safe place. Food and drink (including alcohol) is included in the price.

This year, we are doing Hilton Rose Hall - same concept, but a little more expensive and looks a little nicer.

We went to Montego Bay in January. We went on the Jamaica zip line Adventure tour and had a complete blast! ($89 pp) There are 5 zip lines and half way through you get fresh coconut, pineapple, and sugar cane. The tour guides were extremely helpful and we would do it again in a heartbeat!

Didnt look but is Rafting on the Martha Brae a choice? My favouite excursion on land anyway.

Sunset Beach is fun and a good size beach for Jamaica. Hilton Rose Hall is beautiful and a really cool tour is Rosehall Plantation. Really interesting history.

Here's another vote for Sunset Beach. I booked with Jamaica for A Day. Cost was $69, including transportation both ways. All food and drink included. Very nice pools and restaurant with good food. You have to book in advance. When I walked into the terminal, the driver was waiting for us to take us to Sunset Beach, which is just a short distance away and we were there about six hours.

I was there in Sept. Wanted something different. We did the horseback riding. It was wonderful! They took us up into the hills. It was so green. Then at the end we got to ride the horses in the ocean while they swam. The feeling was incredible. If you dont want to do another beach this is a great alternative.

• 3 weeks later...
So many different kinds of experiences- you really might want to read throught the Jamaica threads. We go next month and are taking the bottom one of these http://www.jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm gotten wonderful reviews. But there are ziplines and waterfalls and river floats- so many depending on what you are interested in.

there was an awful review of the jamaica watersports on the boards earlier and when a problem came up, the owner completely bombed. i'd read the thread before giving any of my $'s to that tour company. just be sure you are aware. it was quite tacky in her view of Americans...and apparently our American dollars are not worth much to her. i was not a part of the tour, but i have big problems with people/businesses/countries that depend on us, and want our dollars, but are ugly the way this woman was.

• 4 weeks later...

I read that same thread, and to be fair, it sounded like mis-communication or a mis-understanding of the excursion. Also, I found it hard to believe that the woman (Denise) who disparaged Americans.....is an American? Something just seemed fishy about that whole thread.

This past January we went to Croydon Plantation. It is about an hour plus bus ride up into the Blue Mountains. The plantation is lovely and the tour is an easy going pace. They let you sample about 5-6 different types of pineapples. Plus, they had sampling at another table of many other fruits they grow there as well. The tour finishes up with a Jamaican lunch served with Blue Mountain coffee.

I read that same thread, and to be fair, it sounded like mis-communication or a mis-understanding of the excursion. Also, I found it hard to believe that the woman (Denise) who disparaged Americans.....is an American? Something just seemed fishy about that whole thread.

We took this excursion just last week with Jamaicawatersports. Absolutely great day. I don't know what the original poster is talking about. Our excursion (the Doctor's Cave one) was EXACTLY as written on the website. They picked us up a few yards behind the Magic. Took us snorkeling for about 45 minutes, dropped us off at the beach(admission is included), picked us back up at 2:15 and sailed us back to the ship. Effortless day! We were gone about 5-6 hours. Soda and water passed out on the catamaran and the crew gave the old ladies (like me) a great foot massage. Highly enjoyed the day. The OP must have been on the 'Wild' excursion and been disappointed. WE would do again in a heartbeat.

We took this excursion just last week with Jamaicawatersports. Absolutely great day. I don't know what the original poster is talking about. Our excursion (the Doctor's Cave one) was EXACTLY as written on the website. They picked us up a few yards behind the Magic. Took us snorkeling for about 45 minutes, dropped us off at the beach(admission is included), picked us back up at 2:15 and sailed us back to the ship. Effortless day! We were gone about 5-6 hours. Soda and water passed out on the catamaran and the crew gave the old ladies (like me) a great foot massage. Highly enjoyed the day. The OP must have been on the 'Wild' excursion and been disappointed. WE would do again in a heartbeat.

Good to hear this we have them booked for our cruise. Did you stay at Doctor's Cave the whole time or did you walk to Margaritaville? We would really like to spend some time there too.

Does anyone know if Margaritaville and the Duty Free shops are walking distance from the ship for those of use that do not want to do an excursion but just want to do a little shopping and visit Margaritaville. Thanks

Does anyone know if Margaritaville and the Duty Free shops are walking distance from the ship for those of use that do not want to do an excursion but just want to do a little shopping and visit Margaritaville. Thanks

I would advise grabbing a taxi to Margaritaville. I'm not sure about "duty free" shops, but the port has some stands at the pier of local wares plus a few shops for souvenirs, sundries, etc.

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I wouldn't do.

After reading reviews on here, we decided to take the hop on/hop off to Doctor's Cave. Despite being told when we handed over our S&S that it was $5p/p, we ended up being charged $8 p/p. Not a huge difference, but it kinda irritated me. Then when we got to Doctor's Cave, we paid for an umbrella (which was great). But within 30 minutes, the beach was soooo crowded, we were packed literally head to toe. We got hassled like crazy by locals trying to sell junk, not to mention people in crazy costumes getting in front of my face being silly trying to get me to pay for a picture with them. My husband and I ate in shifts at the restaurant there (which was fine) because we were scared to leave our spots. We wouldn't have been able to find another spot, it was that crowded.

When I went to the bathroom, there were women crowding the entrance trying to get you to pay to braid your hair. When my husband went to the bathroom, he got offered weed.

Needless to say, we weren't too thrilled with Doctor's Cave by the end of the day.

Good to hear this we have them booked for our cruise. Did you stay at Doctor's Cave the whole time or did you walk to Margaritaville? We would really like to spend some time there too.

Stayed at the Beach for about an hour then gathered everything up and walked about 4 blocks to Margaritaville. Very busy there. Waited about a half hour for a table- no pagers, you had to wait in the bar area. The teens went down the slide a few times while we waited. Wish we had told them at the podium we wanted to sit at the bar- just to do the slide(free but need to 'tip' the guy at the top). Good but expensive food. Access the stairs in the back corner of the bar area. Good experience but now that I've been to a Margaritaville I don't need to go again.

We weren't bothered by the beach vendors at all. But we had staked out a spot under the palm trees and not near the water. While we were hanging out under the palms a HUGE branch(?) came down a few feet away. Didn't hit anyone but sure surprised us.

We really had a great day with Jamaicawatersports.

Here's another vote for Sunset Beach. I booked with Jamaica for A Day. Cost was $69, including transportation both ways. All food and drink included. Very nice pools and restaurant with good food. You have to book in advance. When I walked into the terminal, the driver was waiting for us to take us to Sunset Beach, which is just a short distance away and we were there about six hours.

I have a question.

Sunset beach , is there any snorkeling?

Thank you for your help.

Stayed at the Beach for about an hour then gathered everything up and walked about 4 blocks to Margaritaville. Very busy there. Waited about a half hour for a table- no pagers, you had to wait in the bar area. The teens went down the slide a few times while we waited. Wish we had told them at the podium we wanted to sit at the bar- just to do the slide(free but need to 'tip' the guy at the top). Good but expensive food. Access the stairs in the back corner of the bar area. Good experience but now that I've been to a Margaritaville I don't need to go again.

We weren't bothered by the beach vendors at all. But we had staked out a spot under the palm trees and not near the water. While we were hanging out under the palms a HUGE branch(?) came down a few feet away. Didn't hit anyone but sure surprised us.

We really had a great day with Jamaicawatersports.

Thanks I just wasn't sure how far it might be. I think we can handle 4 blocks!!

Archived