help! Hotel in miami

tbmiller

I need help deciding on a hotel. We are flying into Miami two days before our cruise leaves. It is myself, dh, dd 17, ds 15, dd best friend 18, mil, ds 2, ds 1, and infant dd. We won't have a vehicle because we aren't bringing three car seats. Where would you recommend we stay? We want to see some of Miami but obviously we need to be able to walk to things such as a CVS or other store to pick up stuff. We will also need someplace to eat that isn't too expensive. I don't know if downtown or south beach would be better.

If you are looking for Downtown area..Hampton Inn Brickwell is having a special advance purchase going sale. From trip advisor...great review, brand new hotel and walking distance to lot of shops and eatery. This is where we end up booking for our trip in April 2012.

Courtyard Marriott was also a great location when I google Earth to see the surrounding area..lot of place to eat and there is CVS right around the corner. You can get this hotel on LMT for a great price. It was $ 128 including tax for a double. We didn't book this hotel due to mix review about noises by the overpass.

Ask John in DC and Blue Heron...they know more about hotel in Miami...hopefully they will see your post.

You would love the Hampton Inn Brickell. It's a perfect place to stay for a couple days before a cruise, and you do not need a car since you can walk to Publix, and are steps away from the MetroMover. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. We loved our stay there last month. Everything is brand new, and the pool area would be perfect for your crowd. And....free breakfast!

I would focus on Miami Beach or even up to Hollywood - your dates are just after Easter so you should be able to find something close to or on th ebeach that would let your family relax and enjoy the sun & fun while still being close enough to dining options. Good luck! :)

I would focus on Miami Beach or even up to Hollywood - your dates are just after Easter so you should be able to find something close to or on th ebeach that would let your family relax and enjoy the sun & fun while still being close enough to dining options. Good luck! :)

Do you have any recommendations for hotels?

Archived