looking for someone to take us to ruins without shops, etc.

LisiK&Rojo

Contact Nacho and Cynthia at NCQAdventuretours dot com. They can set up a day trip to your specs. Not sure what they would charge, but I've seen private excursion companies trying to hit langer stay vacationers with $150-$200 pp for a day trip from BC to Xunan. Regardless of who you find to use, anticipate an full day, with mostly travel to and from the San Ignacio area.

We have booked NCQ excursions (Nacho&Cynthia) fr Belize city for our 11/10/12 Carnival dream cruise. They will customize the tour to about anything you wish. I have read great reviews on them. Also someone from our last cruise booked him & said it was a great tour. He is a Mayan historian. I emailed him & he called me on the telephone within a 1/2 hr of emailing him. He sounds like fun. He can do up to 13 people in his 15 person van. He said it would be $100. pp for just the 2 of us, but if we had more people it would be less pp. The tour includes lunch also.

Archived