On a lighter note!

vaCruise

Hi Everyoune,

This is my first posting. I have been monitoring this board for about a month and I have a few questions. My family (hubby, me, and 3 teens) are booked on the Dawn 6/12 sailing. I have to decided to forget the wave and look on the positive side. I am going on a cruise and I'd like to make the best of my experience.:) 1. I would like to know if anyone could suggest good excursions for families with teens. 2. Time & Money saving tips on NCL?

Thanks

Carnival - several times

I've also been searching for info any excursions. Especially things we can book on our own.

Are you looking at ship tours or things to do on your own?

Looking forward to some replys. I posted a thread about this a few days back and got no replys, hope this thread does better.

Hi,

PC, Miami, and Nassau are all ports that you can go off on your own with minimal worry.

If you rent a car in Port Canaveral, you can drive to Kennedy Space Center in about 25 minutes and do essentially the same things as the ship's excursions. There's probably little savings for 2, but it will be considerable for a family of 5. You could also drive the car to the Orlando parks if desired. There are many public beaches in Cocoa Beach, but I know very little about them.

I know that Hertz, Avis, and Budget have offices in Cocoa Beach, near Ron Jons. They send vans to the pier to pick you up and will also return you to the pier. Check with them on rates and office times. Our car last year was less than $40. Also check for AAA discounts or discount codes.

Miami - South Beach is a short cab ride ($15 to $20) away. It is a fine beach, but the sea lice could be out that time of year. Check with the lifeguards. Parrot Jungle is along the way to South Beach. Bayside mall is close to the pier (about $5 cab ride). You can get boat tours on your own from the Bayside area.

Nassau - Shopping is walkable, as is the Pirate Museum. Cabs are plentiful and strictly regulated. It was $4 pp to Atlantis.

Hope this helps.

This is my first posting.
Hi vaCruise! Welcome. May I suggest you check out our roll call board to find others sailing with you. Also, check out the ports of call board for others talking about excursions in the different ports.

Hi Vacruise,

My family and friends and I are going on the Dawn this Sunday. Nine of us are going to Universal and we have made arrangments for transportation with Mears. If you are interested in going there and getting Express tickets, get them well in advance because they issue a limited amount for any given day and then they are no longer available. In Miami we are planning on going on the Duck Tour, which I have never been on, but I've heard good things about it. Then we plan on playing it by ear. It seems that Miami lends itself to that. Hope that helps a little. Welcome, good luck and thanks for a thread that lightens things up.

Hi VaCruise,

Welcome!!!!!

You are going to love the Dawn. I have been on the Dawn 2 times and my favorite excursion was the Miami Everglades Airboat Ride. I think the teens will like it also. Of course, if you don't get to Orlando much, you should try Universal and buy the fast pass. That way you will be able to get on most of the rides in a short time.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

Archived