? on body hair.....

You want pain ?

3 words: "brazilian bikini wax" :eek:

I didn't realize I knew so many swear words until that first pull...

lol... that is what I am talking about -highest concentration of blood supply!! However surprisingly the area down there that hurts the most is different from what I expected.

and no, I don't want pain, there other ways to get rid of unwanted hair that are more permanent and less paunful... I highly recommend investing into those.

ROFL.. you know my second most memorably thing from my last cruise in this line was the repeated closed circuit playback of some contest you'd be good for.....

My kids much younger at the wondered about that, these days they would say ***, I guess that is "Carnival" :D

I just booked my first cruise thanks to you guys help but have a concern/question.

I am in pretty good shape but am a fairly hairy feller (FHF). I know obviously its a cruise and there is going to be people from all over the globe on the ship, which certain parts of the world body hair is excessive or none at all.

Guess my question to you all is, I plan on using the water area quite a bit and obviosuly be outside alot, would it be considered nasty to see someone walk around with a ton of body hair??

OMG this is the best thread i've ever read on CC... DH and I are laughing so hard we are crying..He's a pretty hairy fella also and that's fine with me :) it's only hair....

Reminds me of a story and he's given my premission to share it, i'll try to make it short ( sorry, have had a few brews, hehee) ...

Sooo, Sometime's when I shave DH's back with the clippers or razor I like to leave some sort of symbol,word,pic...mind you never looks very good but always worth the expression on his face when he looks in the mirror :) LOL....One time when I shaved his back I left "Jo" ( short for my name )outlined in hair on his back..Well, wouldn't ya know it that night he had to go the hospital. While in with the doctor she asked him to remove his shirt so she could use the stethoscope.. Ohhh **** we're both thinking at this time, LOL...I was standing behind him with the doctor and it was all I could do to hold in the laughter when he took of his shirt and I saw Jo in his back! The dr ( a foreign lady, god love her and her english wasn't the best) looked at me and asked " is this the way your husband's hair grow's?" Through the laughter and embarrassment we somehow explained to her how his hair "grew" like that......

Thought we would share our hairy back story....I'll make sure he's groomed properly for our first cruise...Don't worry :) LOL

P.S. My hubby got second place at hair chest contest. He might not be the most hairy men on earth, but he does have some mad dancing skills. One judge girl started reaching into his shorts and pulling out his underwear, while he was giving her a lap dance. Good times...

My wife took first in that contest !!!:D:D

lol... that is what I am talking about -highest concentration of blood supply!! However surprisingly the area down there that hurts the most is different from what I expected.

and no, I don't want pain, there other ways to get rid of unwanted hair that are more permanent and less paunful... I highly recommend investing into those.

Just to confirm, getting your coochie lasered... Yep, that hurts too !

LOL, no damage to the lettuce though ! :D:D

my dh is a hairy man all over except where the hair should be lol...he too was concerned about it..but i told him i personally didn't care. he use to always wear a shirt. this past cruise, he finally freed himself of the stigma attached to it, and went topless :eek:

so yep, my dh is a bald hairy man. aren't they all? lol.

Lol, well I appreciate all the replies and helping me decide on what I should do. Here's what I'm planning on..

Going to use a 1/4" trimmer pretty much all over except secret places. Secret places won't be groomed that much, maybe a little scissor action to eliminate split ends in those tender area's. I can't reach my back (skinny people too, try it, it's impossible) so I will get someone to trim it down a bit. Funny thing is my hands don't have alot of hair, just a bit around my finger nails, feet are pretty much balb except for the "knob" area (that thing that pokes out of the side of your foot "bone"?), don't know why it grows their it just does. Other than the usually beard trimming and ear hair, I should be good to sail in a few months!! WOOHOO!!

My husband is a hairy guy too. He normally has me assist him in using a clippers to trim (not shave) his back and chest a bit prior to any vacations where swim trunks are required. :) Just a thought. But no, it wouldn't bother me. It bothers my husband more than anyone, which is why we put those trimmers to good use.

Are there going to be some people that get turned off and make snide comments to themselves or partner under their breath? Sure.

But seriously? Forget em. You are who you are.

But please, don't be the one that also wears a speedo. Then again... you can choose to "forget me" also. I'd understand... although I hope you don't. :)

For our first cruise, I decided to get rid of my back hair. I found that glue stuff that women use and thought I'd give it a try. Directions said to get it warm and it would spread easier. Microwave got it warm alright. Hurt like heck.

"Spread it on with stick provided." OK, I'm not a contortionist but I did manage to get a little on my back. "Now place cloth over area and rub gently." Can't reach my back. "Now hold down on one side and gently rip off cloth". Can't reach one side so I just ripped it off. "Holy Mother of an elephant!"! Cloth looked like fake fur. That's enough of that stuff!

Back to drug store and bought Nair. Directions seemed simple enough. Again, can't reach back. Squirted some over my head to hit back. Missed and hit the floor. Didn't want to waste it so I went into kitchen and got a spatula and scrapped it up off floor. Hey, this will help me reach those out of reach areas.

Put some on spatula and reached around. Worked pretty well until my arm hit some that was on my back already. Quickly washed that off arm so I didn't have a bald spot on arm.

After fifteen minutes of troweling the stuff on, I got into shower and turned the water on. Nothing happened. Got the back brush and started scrubbing. Good Lord, the brush now looked like a big rat with a long tail.

Looked down on the shower floor and it looked like it was being over-run with caterpillers. Finally got it all off and went to dry off. Lordy, now the towel is growing hair. Back is tender as a baby's behind and looks about the same.

I still do it a couple times a year. I am getting better at it. By the way, the spatula was taken out of service that first day. I keep it next to the Nair in my bathroom.

Archived