Another Butler Question

kfkf

We are on the Jewel Mar. 10 in OS and have read on some posts here that people have been contacted ahead of time by their butler regarding liquor orders, reservations etc and I believe our PCC mentioned that when we booked as well. Is this standard or hit and miss depending on who the butler is? Curious as we have not been contacted as of yet.

We are on the Jewel Mar. 10 in OS and have read on some posts here that people have been contacted ahead of time by their butler regarding liquor orders, reservations etc and I believe our PCC mentioned that when we booked as well. Is this standard or hit and miss depending on who the butler is? Curious as we have not been contacted as of yet.

We have been in several suites, including Garden Villas with NCL and we have never been contacted ahead of time. In fact, we are booked in the GV on your cruise and haven't been contacted. The butlers or so busy, I can't imagine when they would have time!

Have you been to our Roll Call to sign up for the Meet and Greet? I hope to see you onboard.

Cathy

People mentioning calls ahead of time are very recent, so there may not be enough to know if it will continue or was a test. However, NCL has recently been promoting their pre-cruise concierge services for Haven guests. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_112811

I'm interested to know if you hear from them, so please let us know!

I just called. They are not making outgoing calls, that's something they did at the beginning but are no longer. You can call them and go over your preferences for the cabin. They will pre-order the alcohol selection for you, take down your pillow preferences, dining times and restaurants, etc.

Just one note, when I asked to substitute one type of gin for Tangueray they wanted to charge $30 per bottle. This is something we have always done on board with no problem and no upcharge.

I thought it was somewhat weird when the PCC mentioned it, wondered when they have time to call me in Canada in between all the other things they have to do! We have only been on one cruise before and that was a OS on CCL and honestly, it didn't come with much other then a nice room. Since the NCL suite perks seem to be considerably more, I just assumed it was part of the perks.

Maybe it is someone internally at NCL who calls and relays the info to the ship prior to the cruise. I just can't imagine the butler actually calling from the ship. Either way, I will update if we get a call.

Will check out the meet and greet as well.

Thanks

I just called. They are not making outgoing calls, that's something they did at the beginning but are no longer. You can call them and go over your preferences for the cabin. They will pre-order the alcohol selection for you, take down your pillow preferences, dining times and restaurants, etc.

Just one note, when I asked to substitute one type of gin for Tangueray they wanted to charge $30 per bottle. This is something we have always done on board with no problem and no upcharge.

Thanks,

I think we will take your advice and make any requests in person once we board. Not sure we really have any, but if we do, I suspect you might have better luck face to face rather then over the phone.

Just curious, but do you mind me asking what kind of preferences were you able to make?

I've attached the old list for liquor and wine that seems to still be valid. GV comes with 6.

For the sodas they told me I could pre-order what I wanted (6 cans that would be replenished.) In reality in the GV's I find they generally have a wide assortment and it's not worth my time to figure out what sodas everyone wants.

Pillows – they have

1. Feather pillows

2. Climerelle pillows – there are designed to keep your body temperature cool

3. Hypo allergenic

4. Reading wedges

5. Ultra foam memory deluxe

Sodas – assortment of Pepsi products

Coffees and teas for machine - caffein, decaf, etc.

I asked for a blender and limes. I still have to talk to the family to see what other mixers, etc. they need for the bar area.

Dining -- specialty restaurant reservations -- dates and times

1415960620_LiquorandWine.jpg.6d26d2958989056b98e1be8a8f719bb1.jpg

I was in an OS , and never contacted beforehand. The first day though he gave me a list, and I made my choices from that. I think it may have taken two days though for him to get the wine to us. DIdn't matter much to us, left it behind anyways.

I was in an OS , and never contacted beforehand. The first day though he gave me a list, and I made my choices from that. I think it may have taken two days though for him to get the wine to us. DIdn't matter much to us, left it behind anyways.

We did that last time as well, but I recently came up with an idea to try on the next cruise. Taking fresh fruit and making the wine into sangria!

I've attached the old list for liquor and wine that seems to still be valid. GV comes with 6.

For the sodas they told me I could pre-order what I wanted (6 cans that would be replenished.) In reality in the GV's I find they generally have a wide assortment and it's not worth my time to figure out what sodas everyone wants.

Pillows – they have

1. Feather pillows

2. Climerelle pillows – there are designed to keep your body temperature cool

3. Hypo allergenic

4. Reading wedges

5. Ultra foam memory deluxe

Sodas – assortment of Pepsi products

Coffees and teas for machine - caffein, decaf, etc.

I asked for a blender and limes. I still have to talk to the family to see what other mixers, etc. they need for the bar area.

Dining -- specialty restaurant reservations -- dates and times

Thank you! We've reserved the Garden Villa for the first time ever, so I want to make sure we don't miss a thing. :)

Archived